584,879 active members*
5,270 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > Help! Ikegai FX-20N and Fanuc 5T problem!

Help! Ikegai FX-20N and Fanuc 5T problem!

Hi Everyone.

I recently purchased an Ikegai FX-02N with a 5T control. It was supposed to be working but when I showed up to look at it, well, it wasn't.

This particular lathe has 2 separate power switches. One on the back of the lathe itself that powers up all the fans, the power distribution box, etc. The other power switch is on the control itself since the control is in a separate box.

When the lathe is switched on everything is fine. The second the control is turned on, the turret rapid advances on both axis towards the door and the chuck. The turret doesn't hit the chuck hard, but of course the chuck does stop the turret from moving. As soon as that happens 4 fuses (2 on each axis) in the back of the control blow.

My thoughts on what could be the problems are:

1: When the guy I bought it from wired the 2 boxes back together he wired something backwards.

2: The control has 2 separate battery holders for battery backup. When the control box was disconnected from the lathe it lost contact with the encoders. Perhaps the control is "confused" and doesn't know where the turret is?

I have the programming manual and operations manuals for the lathe and the control, but I do not have a wiring or circuit board schematic for either. Does anyone have this info I can buy, beg, borrow or steal?

I know I took a bit of a risk buying this thing. CNC lathes are like hen's teeth around here and I got it pretty cheap. Worst case scenario is I part it it out on ebay and get my $$ back but hopefully I won't have to do that.

Also, does anyone know where I can buy fuse wire? Supposedly Radio Crap has it but all I got when I went there was blank stares.

Anyone have any other ideas that will help me?

Thanks!
    Michael

If you still need some manuals post your email and I'll share what I have.

I tried to maintain this NC 5T Fanuc to work, I spent alot of money on it. But a lot of problem due to old fanuc 5T, here and there, small and big need repaired. This old fanuc parts is so expensive due to rare parts. If your problem now solve then problem and problem come. You better make decision ASAP. This is NC so do not have error indicator. I finally decided to retrofit it. This is good cnc lathe, very rigid.