584,837 active members*
5,103 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > Buying a X3, need some advice

Buying a X3, need some advice

ok I sold my sherline, and all the accessories with that would NOT work with the X3. I kept the end mills and etc.

So I have $3400 to play with now.

I am going to buy a X3 from grizzly and a CNC Deluxe kit from CNC fusion.
    I have 3 Gecko 203's, and a 65v power supply.

I need 3 motors....and.....

Just trying to get a grasp on what all to order next week.
    Donald

you might think about an enclosure, a stand/heavy duty bench, coolant system, 4th axis, collets/endmill holders for r8 taper, soft face(lead ro brass) drawbar hammer, lots of material that you want to cut, cause your headed in the right direction to be up and running pretty quick...
    Grizzly X3, CNC Fusion Ballscrew kit, 3 500oz-in bipolar steppers, 3 203v Gecko's, Linear power supply from Hubbard CNC, Mach 3, BOBcad Pro Art V22, Rhino.

I am basically doing the same thing. I ordered the x3 from grizzly, (got it in two days. just delivered today) and have deluxe cnc kit on pre-order with spring kit from cncfusion. good news is that x3 is not caked in red grease. seems very smooth. I will do a tear down when it gets close to getting my kit.

I just need to sell my cnc x2 first, then probably my taig after I get this up .(or my k2 2514 cnc router, since I have my dyna 3524 router working well and keep the taig) I also need to mod my bench to fit the x3.

I have a rotary table that I can cnc, so that will be after this. should be good. I just need to find the time.