584,800 active members*
4,389 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Vectric > Must I Buy Fusion 360 For This? Or Can Vcarve Create This Model?
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Must I Buy Fusion 360 For This? Or Can Vcarve Create This Model?

Quote Originally Posted by Mecanix View Post
    As 'per drawing' (i.e. hand sketch, first post), this is not a milling job but EDM with a custom electrode.
    Unless there are new super top secret endmills from other world(s) that we aren't yet aware of... then ;-)

(was this another marketing attempt from F360?!)

LOL,

This is a reminder to all how the design process can sometimes go wrong. Often engineering will come up with a design that, if the draftsman/machinist doesn't interpret it into reality, the end result is hugely expensive. Imagine what it would cost to EDM this part and it's mate. You would probably have to send it out and it would be over $1k coming back.

Once I had a project I was working on and the electrical engineer made a mistake on the schematic for some capacitors. He got the voltage and the values swapped. He wanted 10,000 microfarad caps at 100Volts. The error got all the way through the design process and then went to manufacturing. One day the engineer got a call from the parts department asking "Where do you want these capacitors?". What should have been a small baggie of caps turned out to be a 18 wheeler in the parking lot trying to unload capacitors that were about 3 feet tall each.

You just gotta laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by maxspongebob View Post
    SharkCad, I will have to take a look at it. Does it have HSM?
    SharkCad replaces Fusion 360 design workbench.
    I picked up on this thread because I so wish one CAM package could do all my needs, but it cant. For milling I use Fusion 360, for rotary wrapping I use VCarve, and for lathe turning and thread cutting I use Dolphin.
    Each CAM has its advantages and disadvantages and each time there is a version release of anything I look to see if the features have merged into one program... but no luck yet.

can you fill the tube with molten lead, then bend it without crimping. afterwards melt the lead out......

Page 2 of 2 12