584,817 active members*
4,606 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

Hi Everyone, posted in kitamura section but since its generic to fanuc and i have no answers i was hoping to post to a more generalized category.

anyway, i am used to a Tormach and picked up an 86 mycenter with fanuc 6m. I am having a hell of a time figuring out how to keep my G54 location set. Bascially i figured out that in order to set G5X i need to zero return the machine and tell it how far from zero return the x and y origin is. Great. Ill set it, jog it around a bit and go into some menus to setup a couple things, and out of habit or maybe necessity (maybe i overtravelled) i have to hit reset. When i do this, the absolute position changes to the G54 coordinates. this is incredibly irritating because i cant seem to get it properly setup to run a part. Can anyone help me out here, because maybe i am incorrectly using the control. Another thing i noticed, when i power up the machine it defaults to INC at the bottom, i toggle it to abs but it doesnt seem to affect this problem at all.

PS man. abs. switch is on.

To Recap my process:
    1. power up machine, hit abs button, zero return
    2. jog to x origin and write down coordinates
    3. jog to y origin and write down coordinates
    4.type in the coordinates for the G54 position location
    5. jog machine up and out of the way
    6. something requires a reset, may be an overtravel or clearing what i typed into the command
    7. absolute position changes to G54 coordinates that i typed in (essentially shifting the G54 whatever i moved in x,y,z)
    8. start all over while swearing

HELP?!

Re: Fanuc 6M Origin Resets with Reset button

if you can not disable by hand that man/abs switch,it can be disabled by a data parameter from diagnose.
    do you have the ladder printed?

I thought it was a system parameter for abs/inc start up and also for reverting back to original g53 position

i dont have the ladder printed, i have the maintenance manual and i cannot find any parameters related to abs/man nor can i find any parameter related to reset function. im wondering if its a matter or reset clearing modals?? i really dont know