584,802 active members*
5,072 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Spindle works only after closing and opening the mach3

Spindle works only after closing and opening the mach3

Hi there

In my previous post I think i couldn't explain clearly my Spindle problem,
    My spindle works only after I close and open the mach3, By doing so (opening the mach3), I noticed that in "Spindle Speed" Section of the First Tab (Program RunAlt-1) As you know there is a Button by name of "Spindle CW F5" and under this buttom there are some DROs that one can Enter RPM in it The RPM Values are "at the time of opening" all Zeros. At this point If I push the "Spindle CW F5" Button and then enter some RPM values in "spindle speed" DRO , The Spindle starts Running and I can Increase or decrease its RPM speed.

But If I try to run a code like usual which is by loading a G Code program and then pushing the start Button, The axis move But My Spindle would not start, It appears that the spindle does not respond to the M3 Command of the G code, and at this point even if I push the "Spindle CW F5" Button, the Spindle would not start, also the DROs under this "Spindle CW F5" Button have some values in them from the G code that even if I try to change them they would not change. At this point I have to Close and open The Mach3 in order to start the spindle.

Any recommendations or suggestions that what is going on here?
    should mention that all these happened recently, It was working Fine before.

Regards
    Jhonansaro

Re: Spindle works only after closing and opening the mach3

Hi every Body

Please any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

regards
    Jhonansaro

I have this exact issue any fixes?

Hi,
    all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago....do yourself a favor and upgrade to Mach4.

Craig

Quote Originally Posted by johnansaro View Post
    Hi every Body

Please any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

regards
    Jhonansaro
    This is just a shot in the dark do you have your spindlle relay output triggers set ? in the spindle setup page under ports and pins ?

Quote Originally Posted by johnansaro View Post
    Hi there

In my previous post I think i couldn't explain clearly my Spindle problem,
    My spindle works only after I close and open the mach3, By doing so (opening the mach3), I noticed that in "Spindle Speed" Section of the First Tab (Program RunAlt-1) As you know there is a Button by name of "Spindle CW F5" and under this buttom there are some DROs that one can Enter RPM in it The RPM Values are "at the time of opening" all Zeros. At this point If I push the "Spindle CW F5" Button and then enter some RPM values in "spindle speed" DRO , The Spindle starts Running and I can Increase or decrease its RPM speed.

But If I try to run a code like usual which is by loading a G Code program and then pushing the start Button, The axis move But My Spindle would not start, It appears that the spindle does not respond to the M3 Command of the G code, and at this point even if I push the "Spindle CW F5" Button, the Spindle would not start, also the DROs under this "Spindle CW F5" Button have some values in them from the G code that even if I try to change them they would not change. At this point I have to Close and open The Mach3 in order to start the spindle.

Any recommendations or suggestions that what is going on here?
    should mention that all these happened recently, It was working Fine before.

Regards
    Jhonansaro
    How do you have the spindle start up written in your program ??

Cut / Copy / Paste your program here, you only need the start up part of your program

There are more than one thing that can cause this so start with the program
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by joeavaerage View Post
    Hi,
    all development on Mach3 ceased six years ago....do yourself a favor and upgrade to Mach4.

Craig
    There are still thousands using it all over the world and it works well for most users
    Mactec54