584,817 active members*
4,741 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAM for SolidWorks™ > Hey so BobCam - anyone able to add further feedback? Thumbs up or south???

Hey so BobCam - anyone able to add further feedback? Thumbs up or south???

Hi I am in New Zealand. We have here a very weak dollar. This coupled with me being DIY, I have a VERY low budget hahaha. But I am happy with my home 3 axis router and my little 2 axis lathe.

I have been looking around at CAD programs. Currently using Punch 2D3D v9 and Cambam. They are ok for me? But, do not cut all the mustard.

Looking around I found a forum someone recommended BobCam. And they do a hobbyist price. A good price, but still a large investment for me. This is one of those posts where I am hoping to hear good things about the latest versions of BobCam Router and Lathe.

I would also like to hear the bad? And this in mind with the thought of what I am using now?

I freaked out a little when I saw a whole site called "BobCadSucks.com" - written in 2013 but hey, the guy was angry. Although I doubt I would even get close to what he is doing with his machines......

Re: Hey so BobCam - anyone able to add further feedback? Thumbs up or south???

Try Fusion360. Great product and free for Hobby use. Also there are great tutorials on the web by Lars Christensen.

https://www.autodesk.com/campaigns/f...-for-hobbyists

Re: Hey so BobCam - anyone able to add further feedback? Thumbs up or south???

sometimes guys sell their old seats on ebay for fairly cheap . If you can get a version 28 then it's pretty solid for milling .
    I have v28 and previous versions along with v31 and my preference lies with v28 , but the versions back to v23 are pretty solid as well . I don't like the new versions of 30 or 31 at all and I never use them .
    If you need a lathe software then dolphin is dirt cheap and it works great