585,567 active members*
3,531 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Running partner 1 Centurion V software on XP desktop / Has anybody done this ?

Running partner 1 Centurion V software on XP desktop / Has anybody done this ?

Recently I copied ALL of the files on my Milltronics Partner 1 Centurion V machine to my Old XP machine for safe keeping.
    Since confined to quarters so-to-speak I decided to try and configure the software to actually run on my XP.
    It Works SORTA,
    Of course any command specific to machine movement causes an error, but the rest does work, HOWEVER,

All of the text labels in the F1-F10 keys are displayed as some other unreadable code set as well as the top line status bar,- time, file name, path ect.
    Everything seemed to work but how those labels are displayed
    I looked around and found Simulator software 5.94 but on my XP it does the same thing

Has any one been able to run this on a 2002+ windows machine

Re: Running partner 1 Centurion V software on XP desktop / Has anybody done this ?

Try loading a copy of your parameters in the PC.

Re: Running partner 1 Centurion V software on XP desktop / Has anybody done this ?

Quote Originally Posted by sportybob View Post
    Try loading a copy of your parameters in the PC.
    I tried reloading the parameter file and it yielded the same results.

I did find another post here on the zone of the same situation and the solution is to use DosBox, that does work. That thread was regarding simulator 5.94 software
    there is a link to simulator software but it is version 5.79, my machine has 5.75

So you can run the machines program on an XP system with DosBox but you need to put all of the folders in the root directory and edit the path.dat to reflect that.

I suspect that the issue is the machine has a VGA card running 640x350 and modern desktops have SVGA or better

Thanks for viewing

I have spare milltronics controller Centurion 5 CNC 2.97
    Floppy drive included
    Must go.