I have an old Victor TNS-2 lathe(1986) and the fanuc A02B-0076-001 cassette has failed.. I am thinking that the EPROMs have probably lost some of the data as I get a PS550 watchdog error. I can put in another cassette from a different machine (unfortunately not the same victor lathe or model) and the machine boots up fine but the ladder logic is from a different machine so it will not operate. However, this is telling me that it is the cassette that is bad and not the machine or motherboard.

So I do not know what to do here. The machine manufacturer cannot find a copy of the original data as it is 30+ year old. However, I do have the original ladder logic hard copy diagram (about 70 pages of ladder) so I need to somehow reprogram the cassette. I have a few old same model A02B-0076-001 cassettes I picked up on ebay and I have a dozen or so of the exact blank eprom chips that go on the card as well as an eprom reader/writer and UV system. The cassette has 4 eprom chips on it. I can read the data from these chips with an eprom reader, but I do not know what values are good or bad as all I see are lots of 2 digit HEX numbers and I do not know what values they should be.

1) Is there any way to convert these HEX numbers back into the fanuc ladder logic diagram so I can compare what may be corrupt?
2) If not, is there any way to rewrite this hard copy of the ladder and translate it back into the 2 digit HEX format and then reflash the eproms (one at a time)?
Seems like the original fanuc cassette reader/writer made by GE was discontinued years ago so I will have to write the code back on the chips one at a time. Not sure how this data would even overlap on each chip as there are 4 chips each 128K .

Seems impossible but I am pretty stubborn. I am a good learner and pretty skilled with programming and electronics. There must be a way to get this working. It has worked great for years and years and the iron is in excellent shape. It just failed a few weeks ago with no warning.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!