585,575 active members*
3,627 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCad Corp. are Thieves!!!!!

BobCad Corp. are Thieves!!!!!

I bought and paid for the CAM Lathe Software $400 from BobCad. Could not load it on my computer as my internet was to slow. So I decided to back out of the software. They first said they were only going to return $320 of the 400. (Restocking Fee for the software I did not get). I said I was going to tell everybody about this story. They then said they would return the full $400. I have not seen a dime. 3 weeks now.
    I did not get the software and I am out $400. What is a retired home owner to do. I don’t have the money to “Sue” them, and they know it.
    The world needs to know about “Those No Good Turd’s”.
    John A Kaprocki

Re: BobCad Corp. are Thieves!!!!!

$400 for Lathe CAM ????
    Something smells
    a" retired homeowner",,,that is cute

Let me understand. You paid $400 for a download of software but did not complete because your internet download speed is to slow, correct? Now they want to charge a re-stocking fee on a download?
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

the whole post stinks
    last I remember,lot of folks dedicated computers for CNC Machines never see the internet,???
    Installation Discs ??

Quote Originally Posted by jkaprocki View Post
    I bought and paid for the CAM Lathe Software $400 from BobCad. Could not load it on my computer as my internet was to slow. So I decided to back out of the software. They first said they were only going to return $320 of the 400. (Restocking Fee for the software I did not get). I said I was going to tell everybody about this story. They then said they would return the full $400. I have not seen a dime. 3 weeks now.
    I did not get the software and I am out $400. What is a retired home owner to do. I don’t have the money to “Sue” them, and they know it.
    The world needs to know about “Those No Good Turd’s”.
    John A Kaprocki
    OK, lets look at this, is it a "buyers remorse" situation or is it a genuine case of a download issue.

If it is the first one then I say "suck it up" and get a life!!

If it is indeed a genuine issue can you not get someone with a faster internet connection to download the software for you, put it on either a Flash drive or a CD and then you can load it to your own PC, you could even for a few $$$ do it at a local Internet Cafe or even take your PC to a local Computer Repair shop and I am sure that if you explain your predicament they would use their Internet connection to download and help you install, activate and register the software probably only charge you a few $$ or even do it for free as a "goodwill" gesture!!
    Maybe a friend or neighbor with a better Internet connection will let you plug your PC into their connection for you to do the download and activation/registration

There are plenty of options there that will solve your issue for you, surely there is someone you can ask for help locally instead of ranting on here!!!

Regards
    Rob

PS FYI I do not have a broadband Internet facility at all here, I have to rely on using my Cell Phone either "Tethered" or "WiFi" to my main PC, most of the time I am lucky if I have 5Mb download speed, it depends on the time of day but I usually average around 3.5Mb speed and I manage

Quote Originally Posted by jrmach View Post
    last I remember,lot of folks dedicated computers for CNC Machines never see the internet,???
    Too right. As soon as you so much as connect a PC to the internet it's corrupt!.

Factor in Bob offers a 3 day free trial ??
    Well if you did your due diligence,you would not of been able to download the free trial with yur crappy internet connection
    hope the moderator deletes this thread as it totally smells like @#%^

the whole post stinks
    Installation Discs ??
    what stinks about it and wtf does dedicated pc's have to do with this guys problem ? . I've had a number of versions that were download and no discs were sent . What are you trying to prove by getting snarky with the guy , is he a liar , a cheat or out to gain something from such a simple post ? Sounds to me like a guy who wants his money back

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    what stinks about it and wtf does dedicated pc's have to do with this guys problem ? . I've had a number of versions that were download and no discs were sent . What are you trying to prove by getting snarky with the guy , is he a liar , a cheat or out to gain something from such a simple post ? Sounds to me like a guy who wants his money back
    The guy has many of options to get it,,,if he chooses
    to start a thread titled "Bobcad corp. are thieves " is so far off for the reasons he presents.

wouldn't it be more decent to suggest a few of those many options . Maybe in the end the fellow wouldn't come out feeling bad about bobcad , and with the right resolve he may even become a member of this joyous bobcad zone community

Quote Originally Posted by metalmayhem View Post
    wouldn't it be more decent to suggest a few of those many options . Maybe in the end the fellow wouldn't come out feeling bad about bobcad , and with the right resolve he may even become a member of this joyous bobcad zone community

I have already suggested several options for John to pursue so may I respectfully ask you to either pick one or two of the ones I put forward or put forward one or more of your own for John to mull over ??

jrmach
    I understand where you are coming from but until we hear from John A Kaprocki whether or not he has actually recieved his full refund that he says has been offered please lets all try to keep it friendly, if he doesn`t get it then he does have some reason for a small issue with BobCAD but not the rant that we got.

John A Kaprocki
    If you haven`t yet recieved your refund or still not been able to download the software then we do all feel your pain but some of us are trying to help with useful suggestions, please have the good will to at least respond to genuine offers of help, if I was in the USA I would gladly download the software for you and post it on to you

Peace ! !

Regards
    Rob

- - - Updated - - -

I respect what you guys said
    but reading his post literally,he's not asking for a solution to get the software
    he's rubbing Bob in the mud,,buyers remorse,Bingo
    maybe the OP can shed some more light ?

I respect what you guys said
    but reading his post literally,he's not asking for a solution to get the software
    Too have buyers remorse you need to have actually have the product. All he wants is a refund.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

Bobcad doesn't need protection from these kinds of posts , they need to lead by example .
    As mentioned he doesn't have the software , nor does it appear that he's got the refund he was promised . Posting may not be have been the most productive way to get things resolved but I can understand his actions and frustration .
    I've had the sales staff flat out lie to me , and I wouldn't be surprised if one of those guys has a hard time pulling commission back out of his pocket . For me it was the support staff who made things right and I respect them for that , but I really have to question the integrity of the sales team

There certainly is more to this story
    The OP has not since posted
    Just tired of the bashing,,Bob is a good company,,I have to believe technical support offered a multitude of ways to solve his download problem
    If one takes the time to read the refund policy..........https://bobcad.com/refund/?source=bugreport_footer
    suppose I am just a tad in non favor of this thread
    I have seen it many times before
    The OP lost me right of the get go with the title of the thread

in the refund policy it states "For software refunds, Purchaser must cooperate with a BobCAD-CAM technical support representative’s inquiry into Purchaser’s eligibility for a refund"

Between what Engine Guy stated as ways to Download and what as I said as an option,"installation disc",just guessing that tech support offered this.Not rocket science
    But with no further posts from OP,he accomplished one thing,a sh@tshow against Bob that now comes up with Google search.That is what I have seen a lot of times and it smelled that way right from the get go.
    Sorry folks,,Peace out,,here to learn and help

But with no further posts from OP,he accomplished one thing,a sh@tshow against Bob that now comes up with Google search.That is what I have seen a lot of times and it smelled that way right from the get go.
    if you reread the original post it sounds as though he is aware of the return policy and has negotiated to getting a full refund . There isn't much more information than was provided . Whether or not he has talked to support is up for assumption . It's possible that this may have been resolved already , but he can't be bothered to repost since he was $hit on right from the get go . Thats my own assumption . I just don't see the point of a user taking it to such a personal level

Hey Everyone !

After fully reviewing John's account I think I have a clear picture of what happened here. I did attempt to contact John directly via the phone number we have, but unfortunately that number is no long a working number.

John, from the notes in your account it sounds like you make some really cool parts and I would have enjoyed working with you as a customer. I understand that the process of downloading and registering the software was not to your liking. I apologies for any inconveniences and wish you the best of luck with your future endeavors.

John has been fully refunded at this time.

His purchase was made on 7/02/19 , and has received his refund as of 8/2/19

Have a few takeaways that I would like to share with the group to help prevent other users from having a similar issue.

1- You can download a demo of the BobCAD software directly from BobCAD's website. If you are considering the BobCAD product I highly recommend you download a demo first.

This will give you a chance to get a feel for the software and see how well it runs on your computer system.

2- Get a live one on one demo to have all of your questions fully answered before you make a purchase.

This is the best way to learn about BobCAD and if it will work for your needs. Live demos are done every day on the hour.

3- Delivery

BobCAD CAM is a software application. It very common for customers to download the software off the internet. The size of the current software download is about 1.14 GB. If you have slower internet I recommend you have the software disks mailed to you. Yes there is a
    charge to have the software "boxes" and install disk shipped. Typically the package will come via UPS or Feddex and depending on where you are in the world the costs range between $25 to as much at $150 or more.

4- License

BobCAD product's use a soft protection license. This is a perpetual license do it doesn't expire. You'll have to register the software with it's license after you've downloaded and installed. You can register and de register online, if you have no internet connect registration can be done over the phone with our support team ( during normal business hours )

I hope this helps.... If there are any questions you have about the BobCAD software, ownership and licensing please feel free to call 877-262-2231 and speak with a customer service representative.

( if this thread degrades it will be deleted)
    Al DePoalo
    Partner Product Manager BobCAD CAM, Inc. 866-408-3226 X147

I had a similar issue with BobCAD years ago. I ordered some software, had buyer's "remorse" and told them NOT to ship the product. They informed me it was too late; the parcel was already on the UPS truck. When the delivery was attempted, I refused it, never touching the box. It went back to Florida. Guess what? BobCAD refused the package, and it came back to me! $600!!! I complained to American Express. Unbelievably, after a month of back and forth, they sided with Bob.........and the thinking here (of course) is they had more to lose with loss of BobCAD credit card remittances than worrying about a single individual. I'll never forget it. I think it was v23 with the nesting module. The box sat on my shelf for about 4 years untouched in complete disgust. I finally opened it, but never used it. Shame on them and caveat emptor! They still call annually, trying to make a sale. HA.