585,589 active members*
2,791 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Leadwell MCV-0 able to drip feed?
Page 1 of 2 12

Leadwell MCV-0 able to drip feed?

Hi. I'm planning of buying a MCV-0 with a Fanuc-0m control. The problem is that i usually run large programs via rs232 and from what i've heard the 0M has limited memory. Is this machine able to run DNC or should i keep on looking for something else? The machine looks good and is perfect in size for me + i get a tool changer.

If it can drip feed i think it's a good buy. I dont know what version the Fanuc 0M control is.

Thanks.

Re: Leadwell MCV-0 able to drip feed?

Look and confirm it has a tape mode selector on the operator panel. If it does, good chance it will.

There are several versions of that control; the analog drive version is limited to 48k and the digital versions 128k.

Thank you. Is there an easy way of telling what model of the Fanuc 0M that's installed on the machine? From a serial number or something. It would be great to know if it supports dnc.

I found this page but they simply say Fanuc 0M http://www.dncsetup.com/fanucom.htm

could it be general for all models? If the user make the changes listed.
    OviksNC/Sweden.

We have been selling memory upgrades for several control manufacturers, mainly Fanuc.
    Fanuc 0A – (Master Board – A16B-1010-015X or 024X) UPGRADE – 120 Meters (48K)
    Fanuc 0AD – (Master Board – A16B-1010-021X) UPGRADE – 120 Meters (48K)
    Fanuc 0B – (Master Board – A16B-1010-028X) UPGRADE – 320 Meters (128K
    Fanuc 0C – (Master Board – A20B-2000-017X/018X or A20B-1002-036X/075X) UPGRADE – 320 Meters (128K)

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    We have been selling memory upgrades for several control manufacturers, mainly Fanuc.
    Fanuc 0A – (Master Board – A16B-1010-015X or 024X) UPGRADE – 120 Meters (48K)
    Fanuc 0AD – (Master Board – A16B-1010-021X) UPGRADE – 120 Meters (48K)
    Fanuc 0B – (Master Board – A16B-1010-028X) UPGRADE – 320 Meters (128K
    Fanuc 0C – (Master Board – A20B-2000-017X/018X or A20B-1002-036X/075X) UPGRADE – 320 Meters (128K)

Ok thank you!
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Hi again. I got some more information on the machine just now. It´s a 1987 year model with a Fanuc 0M-A control. He did´nt have any tape mode on the panel. I guess the DNC is out of the question :/
    OviksNC/Sweden.

I don't think its out of the question, but will require some mods to make one work. Not sure how easy it would be, since I think the A model has the PMC software on the old cassette cartridge.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    I don't think its out of the question, but will require some mods to make one work. Not sure how easy it would be, since I think the A model has the PMC software on the old cassette cartridge.
    Ok! What kind of mods are we talking? I guess it's been done before, espessially theese days with CAD/CAM posted programs. Im generally a Heidenhain guy but this machine came up and cought my attention.

Thanks
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Jag lyckades få min maskin att funka med drip-feed för många år sedan. Har en Johnford med Fanuc 0m-C. Minns att man fick gå in och ställa om parametrar för att aktivera drip-feed. Tyvärr hade maskinen en del maskinella fel som jag nu försöker fixa. Därför har jag inte hunnit testa detta fullt ut med drip-feed, tyvärr glömt hur man gjorde men kanske kommer på det om man får pilla lite.
    Vi kanske kan åka på plats och försöka få det att funka?.

Lite bilder på ett dåligt köp! Tom
    /T

I managed to get my machine to work out with drip-feed many years ago . Have a John Ford with Fanuc 0m -C. Recall that you had to go in and ask about the parameters to enable drip-feed . Unfortunately, the machine had some mechanical fault that I am now trying to fix . Therefore, I have not had time to test this fully with the drip-feed , sorry forgot how to do it but maybe it if you get a little messing .
    Maybe we can go on location and try to make it work ?.

Some pictures of a bad buy !

A FS0-C is different from a FS0-A; there is no viewable ladder on the FS0-A.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    I managed to get my machine to work out with drip-feed many years ago . Have a John Ford with Fanuc 0m -C. Recall that you had to go in and ask about the parameters to enable drip-feed . Unfortunately, the machine had some mechanical fault that I am now trying to fix . Therefore, I have not had time to test this fully with the drip-feed , sorry forgot how to do it but maybe it if you get a little messing .
    Maybe we can go on location and try to make it work ?.

Some pictures of a bad buy !

A FS0-C is different from a FS0-A; there is no viewable ladder on the FS0-A.
    Ok. Where are you located? I read a post where a guy activated diagnose D480 bit 2 and got his Leadwell MCV to run dripfeed.

But if i can't see the ladder it will be a problem :/

Thanks.

P.S looks like you have some work left on that machine :/ what is the problem?

Im from Bjurholm.
    Yes, you can test the D480. What i remember it was not so hard to find the ladder. Hope you get it working.

I hope i will soon get my machine working, it will be interesting to see how fast or slow the system are when using the drip feed. Surface milling will probably be slow?.
    I have remove the old turcite on table and now i try to scraping the new one. It`s time consuming. I have never done something before and i don't know if i get the good precision. But i think i have some work around if the table is not leveled with the spindle. After that i think i must remove the bearings and belts for the spindle.

If you learn the Fanuc control system maybe i can contact you and learn the basics. =) I have very hard to understand position system on this system.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turcite.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	271430

Quote Originally Posted by emcomannen View Post
    Im from Bjurholm.
    Yes, you can test the D480. What i remember it was not so hard to find the ladder. Hope you get it working.

I hope i will soon get my machine working, it will be interesting to see how fast or slow the system are when using the drip feed. Surface milling will probably be slow?.
    I have remove the old turcite on table and now i try to scraping the new one. It`s time consuming. I have never done something before and i don't know if i get the good precision. But i think i have some work around if the table is not leveled with the spindle. After that i think i must remove the bearings and belts for the spindle.

If you learn the Fanuc control system maybe i can contact you and learn the basics. =) I have very hard to understand position system on this system.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	turcite.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	271430
    Ok! Thats about 120km from me! It's impressive to see that you are replacing the turcite, i guess the scraping part is the worst. The best would be to have a machine with linear guides. Easier to repair/replace!

Sure you can have my e-mail on PM. Then we can speak in Swedish
    OviksNC/Sweden.

Oviksnc and Encomannan.

I have a Mori Seki V40 with a Fanuc O-M controller. I am following this thread with much hope. Please keep us updated with progress as this would mean a lot to me. I am sorry but i cannot speak Swedish.

Thank you.

Buchanan

The Mori has tape mode right on the operator panel.

Thanks Undertetire.

My machine does not have the tape feed option on the control panel. The mother board is a A20B-2000-0170/02A if that is any help.

Take a picture of the operator panel, or start a new thread. Its right next to auto and MDI. Never seen a Mori panel without it.

Sorry posted a doubleClick image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020378.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	271516

Page 1 of 2 12