585,760 active members*
3,676 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Error Y-axis motion encountered??

Error Y-axis motion encountered??

Hi Guys

I need some help with my Post Processor. Its for a DMG MORI CTX310 3-axis Lathe which is mainly X,Z, and C axis. That's the Sinumerik 840D Control. I have a Machine post processor for Mastercam 2019 that I have received from world skills International that is locked. I created all my toolpaths correctly (checked by generating the code on Generic Haas 4XT Lathe Post), but when I try to generate my code, it comes up with an error saying Y-axis motion encountered. This is from the Mill-turn operations.

I then converted the post to mastercam 2020 and was able to generate the code but with a Y-axis value output.

Any ideas on how to change it to use C-axis without editing the actual the Post files?
    Or as a last case scenario is it possible to somehow unlock the post?

Thanks I appreciate your immediate responses.

Re: Error Y-axis motion encountered??

Add the code at the beginning G12.1. Polar Interpolation. G12.1 turns it on and G13.1 turns it off.

The way the code is being posted is correct. The machine takes the Y values and turns it into a C move when polar interpolation is active.

In Misc Values there should be a setting for turning mill cycle on and off (G12.1\G13.1). In rotary axis control tab under rotation type set it to Y and not C.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by ERUS View Post
    In Misc Values there should be a setting for turning mill cycle on and off (G12.1\G13.1). In rotary axis control tab under rotation type set it to Y and not C.
    Which value should I change in the Misc Values? See Attached Image[IMG]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Capture.jpg  

Re: Error Y-axis motion encountered??

I'm not able to see the attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmoonsamy View Post
    Hi Guys

I need some help with my Post Processor. Its for a DMG MORI CTX310 3-axis Lathe which is mainly X,Z, and C axis. That's the Sinumerik 840D Control. I have a Machine post processor for Mastercam 2019 that I have received from world skills International that is locked. I created all my toolpaths correctly (checked by generating the code on Generic Haas 4XT Lathe Post), but when I try to generate my code, it comes up with an error saying Y-axis motion encountered. This is from the Mill-turn operations.

I then converted the post to mastercam 2020 and was able to generate the code but with a Y-axis value output.

Any ideas on how to change it to use C-axis without editing the actual the Post files?
    Or as a last case scenario is it possible to somehow unlock the post?

Thanks I appreciate your immediate responses.
    Are you interested in an exchange? can you share your post processor?