584,812 active members*
5,395 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Modifying the PLC

Just bought an old 8055i control with a plan to fit it to a Bridgeport, I need to either modify the existing PLC program or delete it altogether and start afresh. The problem is that it seems to be locked, it does not ask me for a password but trying to edit it there is a message saying "This program may not be MODIFIED", I can not even read the program and figure out what should be connected to which pin. I tried disconnecting the battery in the hope it would lose the program but there appears to be a backup capacitor on the board and I am wary of shorting it out. It did reset the date and time but the PLC is still there and locked out. If anybody out there has any ideas it would be much appreciated because the control is other wise useless. Thanks in advance Dave

Re: Modifying the PLC

I managed to get into the PLC program it was a matter of changing the attributes to -mx which allows the program to be read and modified. The other main issue is the software does not give the full conversational programming which most of these controls have. I have seen a video on YouTube which shows how the software can be updated or changed but there is no clue as to how this software is obtained. I have emailed Fagor Automation but there is no reply as yet. Maybe it is a matter of unlocking different features or changing the license code. I wonder if anybody out there could shed some light on how this is done. Thanks for any replies. Dave.

Hi Dave, did you solve your problem?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	425967Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	425969