585,556 active members*
3,412 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Uncategorised CAM Discussion > Cam Software, for multiple manufacturing site

Cam Software, for multiple manufacturing site

Hi Guys

I am a newbie in Woodworking and engraving. I am currently at a business feasibility stage.

What I would like is a Cam software which can be accessed by multiple desktops. I am planning to open 2 small sites in two different cities and want to make sure that I know how many jobs have the CNC machine done in one month. I will not be running the machine myself but will have staffs do the work for me, so I want to track the productivity.

Paid software is fine for me. FYI it is for cnc wood router.

Help is appreciated, at this stage I am not even sure where to start looking,

Max

Re: Cam Software, for multiple manufacturing site

Not sure what you are asking for.

1. Do you mean you want CAD/CAM software that can be loaded onto a server and accessed by multiple client desktop PC's from the design/drawing perspective?

2. You want to have the machine files (G-Code) for a part/product stored on a central repository and accessed by different sites when running a job?

3. You mention a part production count for each machine in different sites

Can't say if you'd find this functionality available within the realm of the low-end space but more likely in the high-end volume manufacturing space.

For item 1, you might be able to install various software packages within a cloud based or client/server model but I'm not aware of any of the more commonly found packages mentioned in this forum that could do this - perhaps Fusion 360 can (don't use it personally) but speak with them.

For item 2, storing the machine files on a central server and accessing them for a production run is a fairly simple exercise. Counting how many times they may have been accessed would be a somewhat futile exercise because it would not show how many times a machine has actually run the code.

Item 3 may be a function of the machine/controls you have. Speak with the maker to see if this feature is or can be made available.

Other folks here may have some ideas.

Have you managed to find a solution to your question?

Re: Cam Software, for multiple manufacturing site

Thanks everyone , yes i found solution to my question. thank you every one