585,705 active members*
4,130 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Global Variables for Custom M Codes

Using Centroid Acorn and CNCMill12

I need a semi-persistent (holds value until controller shutdown) variable. I have a macro on the wireless MPG 'Macro2' button that prompts the user to enter a numeric value. I need to be able to call this value from a custom M code (M31) that will be called during NC programs.

I've tried #101 type variables but those are only local and are discarded at end of macro run. I've also tried #9931 and #9420 (unused system parameters) but those give me a read only error and don't seem accessible from the macros.

I've also tried using the diameter offset in library (my setup doesn't use them) via G10 D3 R8.0 but I don't know how to read this parameter in another program I can only set it (if someone knows how this would solve my problem).

So my question is what is the best way to do this? Or what system parameters can I use that I can write to?

Thanks

Re: Global Variables for Custom M Codes

Have you tried asking this question on the Centroid forum? I don't understand what you are trying to do, but I'm sure if you asked this question on their forum you will get a answer pretty quickly. Most of the users don't check cnc zone since the centroid forum is pretty dedicated and there's some very experienced users on there. Sorry I can't be more help to you I. I'm sure eventually someone will chime in on here but you will more than likely get a immediate response on the centroid forum.