585,573 active members*
3,498 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Daewoo/Doosan > lynx 220 turret crash - advice needed

Exclamation lynx 220 turret crash - advice needed

Good afternoon, First-time poster although long time lurker.
    I'm new to machining and made the excellent choice of purchasing a Doosan lynx 220 lsy to learn on, some would say I'm a fool, however, I would say I'm brave, perhaps they are the same?

Anyway, today I crashed my turret while doing a tool change, (I had a sub-spindle live tool in the wrong way and it hit a notch at the top of the turret, I thought there was clearance but I didn't account for the small notch) I now have the issue of 2118 turret clamp alarm, although I have found many threads with a similar issue I have yet to fix it.

I have been able to find the keep relays as has been suggested in other threads, however, when I try to unclamp the turret using 5.4 keep relay edit, I get the notification "PWE needs to be on".

What does this mean? can anyone enlighten me and help me back on the path to machining.
    Also, would anyone be able to suggest a way for me to tell if I have done any damage to the turret and how I would be able to check?

If possible please could you keep the advice jargon-free, or at least explain the jargon, as I am pretty new to the CNC world.

Thanks for listening and I hope someone out there can help!
    Best wishes,
    Will

Re: lynx 220 turret crash - advice needed

PWE= parameter Write Enable
    You can find this under SETTINGS
    PWE=1 Machine will go ALARM mode and you can modify parameters.

Note: Take a pic before change anything to get old one back

Thanks for your excellent advice. It got me off a sticky wicket.
    A good tip to take photos as you go too.

thanks again,
    Will

Re: lynx 220 turret crash - advice needed

Before you change ANYTHING - take a USB and do a screen shot.
    Place USB in machine, make sure I/O is set to "17" - press and hold "SHIFT" button until clock stops. When the clock stops, let go of shift button and screen will be copied as JPG onto the USB.