584,833 active members*
5,432 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC 3018 Pro _ Help needed

I purchase a cnc 3018 pro from Amazon 4 weeks ago. I can get it going. I have talked the Seller and they referring me to YouTub. That just makes it to confusing. I have 3d printers and a commercial Laser machine that I have never had any problem getting them up and running. Is there anybody out there that can give me the steps to make this work? 1-2-3-4 ??
    The sample files they sent with the unit work just fine. I just can't figure out how to get my files to work.

Re: CNC 3018 Pro _ Help needed

What are you using to create your files. You may be using the wrong post processor

Thanks for your reply
    The confusion is after I take a dxf file and convert to a NC file, I don't have any idea what I do from there. The seller hasn't been really any help. They have tried. they are in China,so I think it is a language issue. They keep referring to YouTube and there is nothing about how to make this machine run. It does show how to convert the files.
    Do you have one of these machines?

Bob - Reno, NV

I gave up on this one. Returned to seller. Anybody have a suggestion for a Low Cost CNC machine?

Thanks
    Bob - Reno, NV

Quote Originally Posted by fixtureman1 View Post
    What are you using to create your files. You may be using the wrong post processor
    We have a 3018 ProVer.
    We are using Vectric Aspire and outputting to the GBRL.gcode post processor.
    Unfortunately, the machine generates an ERROR3 code, when we attempt to run this file.

Does anyone here use Vectric software, and possibly have any tips on the correct post processor to use?

Thanks...
    Mark

I use Vectric. It lets you edit the header regardless what post processor you pick.
    Do you have any samples g-code that came with your machine and you know they work.
    Open them in any text editor and compere. I think it would be easy to find the function your controller doesn’t support and correct it.