584,812 active members*
5,484 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Set Up MTConnect with Fagor 8055M

We have 6 machines with Fagor 8055M controllers. From what I have found online, these controller support the MTConnect standard (and are possible bundled with an adapter - https://govimana.com/201536fagor-aut...tware-partner/), but I have been unable to find any information on what I need to get it up and running on the controller side of things.

It seems that there are plenty of pieces of software that will read and interpret the MTConnect data, but I'm trying to figure out what I need to get the controllers to output that data.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up MTConnect with these controllers that can point me in the right direction?
    Last edited by ww-; 08-07-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ww- View Post
    We have 6 machines with Fagor 8055M controllers. From what I have found online, these controller support the MTConnect standard (and are possible bundled with an adapter - https://govimana.com/201536fagor-aut...tware-partner/), but I have been unable to find any information on what I need to get it up and running on the controller side of things.

It seems that there are plenty of pieces of software that will read and interpret the MTConnect data, but I'm trying to figure out what I need to get the controllers to output that data.

Does anyone have any experience with setting up MTConnect with these controllers that can point me in the right direction?
    I'm going to answer my own question for the sake of some other poor soul that may not be able to find what they need. After a lot of checking around it seems that there are pretty much two options regarding monitoring and MTConnect.

1. The first option is to get MTConnect installed and running for the machines. The only way I found to do this is contact Fagor and talk to the person that knows whats up with MTConnect. He apparently can install the adapter and agent remotely, either on the controller, or on a host PC, depending on the model of the controller. At this point, we would have MTConnect data, but would still need something for monitoring. This leads me to a questions then my second option:

Question: Does someone have experience with a free or low cost option for monitoring MTConnect data? I'm only looking for one measurement right now - OEE. As a very small shop, we aren't quite ready to drop 20-40k on a full-suite monitoring software.

2. The second option is to get a full-suite monitoring software. Some of them require MTConnect data, others can communicate with your controller using the controller's native protocol. The upside with this is that you get a whole host of capabilities including DNC, detailed reporting, ERP integration, tablets for entering downtime reason codes, etc. The downside is the cost, which despite encouraging ROI calculations, is still a chunk to bite off, especially if cashflow is an issue.

Re: Set Up MTConnect with Fagor 8055M

you are correct, you need to contact FAGOR for the correct solution for your cnc model. it is a payed solution.
    normaly for cnc8055 you will need an external PC to install the agent.
    after the instalation you will get a webserver with MTconnect raw data served. any browser can access this webserver and show a table witth all available data.
    you can use this as a low cost sample to get the data...but you must write your own html/css/javascript to do what you want.