584,846 active members*
4,683 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

EZ-Path Lathe

Today the monitor crapped out, along with smoke & everything. Anyone have ideas where to get replacement parts now. It's a 1999 machine. Thanks

LCD Screen

I have a 1995 EZ-Path and it had like a 9" monochrome crt in it that went bad and I replaced it with a VGA LCD color screen. I had to make a small aluminum frame adaptor (and I still have the drawings for it) but it was well worth it. I bought it from earthlcd.com and the item was a SK-2000 SuperKit (10.4" 130 Nit Color TFT LCD Kit) and it only ran about $160. If your machine uses a standard VGA connector for its monitor, then this works fine. In fact I liked it so much, I swapped out my old crt monitor on my EZ-Trak also. I still have that monochrome monitor if your interested in it. Like I said, the lathe is a 1995 and the mill was a 1997 and they used the same monitor.

I am searching the site for a different problem that I am encountering though. This morning when I fired up the machine, I received a "Keyboard error." I disconnected the keyboard cable from the main board and connected a standard keyboard but it does not help so I think the keyboard card is bad and I am trying to figure out how to fix it. If it ain't one thing it's another!

Mike

The original CRT ran on 115 VAC.
    Later machines had a CRT that ran on 12 VDC.
    Where did the smoke come from? The CRT cabinet, or the electrical cabinet?

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Thanks for the Info

The smoke came out of the CRT cabinet. Something really fried in there.
    We connected a plain VGA Computer Monitor to it, so we could keep running. Not sure if we'll fix the original CRT or not. We had to do the same thing with our EZ-Trak. Everybody liked the bigger monitor so much we just left it that way. Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by md63825 View Post

I am searching the site for a different problem that I am encountering though. This morning when I fired up the machine, I received a "Keyboard error." I disconnected the keyboard cable from the main board and connected a standard keyboard but it does not help so I think the keyboard card is bad and I am trying to figure out how to fix it. If it ain't one thing it's another!

Mike
    I had the same problem on our ez-path S lathe. The PS2 to the larger, older keyboard connection was the problem. Replaced that pigtail and all was well. Hope that helps!

Hola yo tengo el mismo problena que no me llega señal conwcte un monitor externo desde la tarjeta y tampoco me da señal, alguien me podra ayudar se lo agradeceria

Hola
    son las conexiones iguales
    ¿Hay luces o voltajes en el tablero?