585,743 active members*
4,956 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Bobcad bobart evaluation help

Bobcad bobart evaluation help

Anyone willing to help? Seems to be several for and against Bobcad, but I cannot find very much information on Bobart. A demo version of Bobart came with Bobcad V20 software. I have been playing around with embossing pictures in the demo. It appears it will do a fairly good job, but until I can actually cut one I am hesitant to shell out the cash. Is anyone out there willing to take a .bmp open it in Bobart send it over to the Bobcad side and save it as a file that I can then manipulate and create G-code in Bobcad in order to test it?

What would you like to see, maybe something like this???

Both Bat Man Parts where done 100% BCC V20 and V21 with BobArt ProX

The Firebird was Vectorized by Hay Tay here on CNC Zone and Badge done by me in V21 then imported into V2007 for the G-Code.

You may want to look into V-Carve or ask HayTay what he used. If you go with BCC BobArt, go with the ProX Version.

Cheers!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails firebird.JPG   Bat 5 3D Logo.jpg   Bat 3 D4.jpg   bat machining 6.JPG  

FireBird 5.jpg  
    Toby D.
    "Imagination and Memory are but one thing, but for divers considerations have divers names"
    Schwarzwald

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

www.refractotech.com

Thanks for the reply.

I took a screen print of what I did in the Bobart software that I would like to try to cut. If this works like I think it will then I'm good to go. The one thing I have found since getting into this, is trial and error seems to the only way to learn. I would like to run a sample cut before investing in the Bobart software. With that said, I am wanting to see if someone would be willing to take the attached picture, take it through BobArt, put it into a BobCad file, send it to me so I can see how it cuts on my machine.

Can you help me out?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails bridge sample.jpg   IMG10.jpg  

becikeja

wow, what exactly are you trying to make. it seems to be pretty interesting with what you are doing. what kind of machine do you have?
    upgrade mngr./ Brad Chasnoff / www.bobcad.com
    877-262-2231 ext 183/ [email protected]

The type of machine I have is a long drawn out story from a company called 3Drouters that does not seem to exist anymore, at least I can't seem to find them. Bottom line I have a Bosch router on a 3 axis 3' X 3' machine that I design with Bobcad and cut with Mach 3 software. I have seen lots of pictures on this site cut into wood and I want to try my hand it. I am wrestling between V-carve, Image pro, or BobArt. I enjoy the 3D relief style art in the wood the best, so I'm thinking BobArt, mainly because I can easily integrate it with what I already have. I just want to make sure it works before i shell out the bucks. This is a hobby for me not a business.