Register for free
Login

Mach3 Slave with Sainsmart STB5100

So recently purchased the Sainsmart STB5100
    Trying to setup the Y axis to slave with A axis
    So far no luck

Watched all the youtube videos of correct settings etc but still didnt work

Steppers will only operate individually

Tried Using DrufelCNC which had support for the USB Breakout but then was having issues where the steppers wouldn't move at all, but rather just cog the lack of support in community and google searches made me give up on that

at this stage if i cannot find a solution for this board, think ill just get another breakout as its really frustrating wasting 2 days with such a simple issue that should have worked

If anyone has a solution of can help would greatly appreciate it.

Cheers

Re: Mach3 Slave with Sainsmart STB5100

Hi I have been having the same issue. I followed the software setup in mach3 to enable the A axis in pins & ports, set it as slave to Y in slave axis settings and even reversed the operation under homing/limits. Option1: There is 1 more software setting that I think needs to happen though I have not been able to access any settings under "Plugin Control" --> BL-UsbMach if you click on "BL-UsbMach" I believe this should bring up settings for the STB5100 then on this screen you can make some change to set A axis to slave with Y. Nothing happens when I click BL-UsbMach so I am thinking I have an old version of Mach3 or something. Let us know if you have any success. Option2: Don't use Mach3 to slave anything just enable your XYZ axis as usual then wire the A-axis driver in parallel to the Y-axis driver. If you want the same rotation for both A & Y then you are done. If you need A to turn in the opposite direction from Y then you need to invert the DIR signal coming from the STB5100. Use a 5V hex inverter 74HC04. This will be my solution though I am a bit confused why I cannot get mach3 software to actually drive Y & A at the same time.