584,814 active members*
5,347 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Mori Seiki Machines > Mori Seiki Mills > Mori Seiki MV-40M Way Cover Size? And Wiper/ Plastic in back?

Mori Seiki MV-40M Way Cover Size? And Wiper/ Plastic in back?

I need to know the proper dimensions for the Mori Seiki MV-40M front Way Cover. I need to replace it but cannot take it off the machine for down time. I know it's 36" width with 5 pieces/ slides to it.

Also the back plastic piece at the bottom of the backplate is about 62" in width and I don't know what it's purpose is but it's there and it's brittle and cracked so I need to replace it but don't know the exact dimension in length. It's bolted on there.

If somebody could give me exact dimensions for these 2 things I would be very thankful.
    Last edited by JimmyHendrix; 08-16-2019 at 12:12 AM.

Re: Mori Seiki MV-40M Way Cover Size? And Wiper/ Plastic in back?

Um, without modeling it, its gonna be tough. There is a lot more underneath the top than you'd think. I've had sheetmetal shops fab new panels for them in a pinch, and I had a source for new wiper material, but no one i've known has actually made a complete cover. BTW just the rubber wiper set from Mori for a single cover can be >800.00

Jeez... Okay. It's a Mori Seiki MV-40M MF-M7 if that helps. I'm kind of stuck, hoping maybe somebody has replaced it and measured it before. I can't have the machine down so I'm trying to buy a new one from a company but they want me to send it in and I can't.

I was just looking for wipers for my 89 mv-40b. The wiper in there was a close match to a WIM19 from BUWW.

I called several venders and it was mind bogling how much the wiper material can be. Quoted anywhere from 45-90 per meter
    Mori does stock the wipers and its about 600 / way cover set.

Hello!!I have a mv40m machine with a faulty ex1047 machine spec.pram.cleared, can you give me the file parameter. My email buinam.90tn@gmail
    Thanks

Someone can help me please. I was change my control of my MV-40B because my NC module has broken. I has backup parameter and some other settings. But unfortunately i forgot to backup the ladder program. Can someone send me the ladder please. Mori Seiki MV-40B MSC-518. Please email me.

Bagas
    [email protected]