584,842 active members*
4,469 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Installing a 4th Axis on a MV-40b

I recently purchased a 4th axis at a local auction for a fairly low dollar amount, that combined with being able to drive over and pick it up made it worth while for me to take a gamble on it. It turns it out it has a Yasakawa Electric Minertia motor J series motor. Part number UGJMED-60M, from what I have found that is a YASNAC servo my machine is a Fanuc 10M control so I would think that the servo would not work.

The 4th axis is a Tsudakoma RNCV-200. What is the best route for me? should i get a fanuc servo or try to sell the 4th axis complete and buy a Tsudakoma with a Fanuc servo already installed?

If I am going to be looking for a Fanuc Servo any recommendations on what I should be hunting for? Would a servo from a Fanuc 0m be compatible with a servo from a fanuc 10m?

For attaching the unit to the machine, will I need to add an encoder board or any circuitry or are these things usually included and i just need to add a cable to a pcb card?

Thanks!

You will need a matching Fanuc motor, A cable set, a drive unit, possibly LSI's for the main board, Cable set for the drive, cable set from the drive to the main board and maybe a extra axis card ( not sure on a 10). You probably have AC servos on that, so a O-M Should work. There will be some I/O signal that need to be implemented such as clamp/unclamp. And a slew of parameter changes. Typical Interface by itself on a Fanuc is ~10K. Nothing wrong with that table, I wouldn't sell it if it works ok.

What did you do with the Yaskawa motor on this Tsudakoma table? I am interested if you still have it.

Hi, I still have it, its still installed in the 4th axis. I haven't been able to get into the 4th axis stuff yet.

Shoot me a PM.

haha, I am basically doing the same thing, adding a 4th. But busy with other stuff. I have a Mori Seiki with Yasnac (Yaskawa) motors. I have a rotary with a DC Fanuc motor. I need to swap out the motor for a Yaskawa.

So what is the motor voltage and amperage? And do you have the Encoder part# TFUE-xxxx.
    Where are you located? I am in Sacramento.

clay

I am located in Maryland,

Its currently up on my pallet racking and fork lift is out of commision. I am pretty sure i wrote down all the info that was on the motor when i was checking it out after i picked it up, let me see if i can find my notes.

Perhaps a trade would be possible.

Re: Installing a 4th Axis on a MV-40b

Someone can help me please. I was change my control of my MV-40B because my NC module has broken. I has backup parameter and some other settings. But unfortunately i forgot to backup the ladder program. Can someone send me the ladder please. Mori Seiki MV-40B MSC-518. Please email me.

Bagas
    [email protected]