585,735 active members*
4,674 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 3d Digitizing

Fadal 3d Digitizing

Hi Fellow Fadal Owners and all who would like to help,
    I am interested in the Fadal 3D digitizing software. I already have a Renishaw MP-11 digitizing probe with a box of 10 probes. To anyone who been using this software with success, I would like to hear of your experiences. What type/s of output will it provide. Can the output be imported into Rhino? I am using a B&S Gage 2000 CMM with the ability to manually drag a solid ball probe over and around a part. This is very clumsy on a 3D part. I have a demo version of Rhino and see there is a plug-in for point clouds. I need to be able to process a point cloud into a surface to cut using GibbsCAM. What other software simular to the Fadal 3D is available? I need help in putting a decent 3D digitizing package together. As my User Name implies, I work alone in my garage. Thanks

Workalone,

I have'nt used the digitizer software..... but I was thinking of doing the same thing and called Fadal about it...it seems the package costs about 10K.....is that correct? It sure would be nice if there were an alternative to their software that cost substantially less and could control the machine......

Hi JNC,
    It looks like there may be a group of us out here with the same thoughts.

Have you guy's ever heard of Lemoine? It actually takes over the axes of your fadal does automatic 3d scanning. It also has it's own cam software on board so you can make diferent machining strategies, then you actually run the cutter path thru the Lemoine system. It actually works very well on Fadal machine's we have had one for about 5 years.

Lemoine?....How much ? Where is it sold?......Website?..... I'll have to Google this.

Can't remember exactly how much it was. Do a search on google and you should find a website for them. Hope it works out for you.