584,863 active members*
5,010 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Fanuc 21-tc with Fusion 360

Hello, I'm in the process of configuring Fusion 360 to work with Fanuc 21-tc on my Emco pc turn 105 Lathe.

This lathe has been seriously modified, 8 inch chuck (2.5 times larger than original), with custom built tool holders to provide additional reach.

I configured the post processor and think everything is fine there, I was just able to post process and run a basic facing program.

The problem here is this, I have two custom tool holders. One holds the tool an inch higher on the X axis than the factory tool holders, and the other holder holds the tool an inch lower.
    My solution to programming this was to make an X offset in the fanuc software. That way when it interprets code from a normal looking model in Fusion 360, it will apply the offsets to those locations on those tools.

Unfortunately,. when the turret is told to move to a position beyond the absolute/relative limits, it obviously hits a limit switch. I don't need the machine to travel outside of it's limits, I just need to be able to interpret the code so that the additional travel on my custom tool holders is taken into account and the machine doesn't try to travel outside of where it should be going.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Fanuc 21-tc with Fusion 360

i wonder how the bearings will hold the radial load for that huge chuck,hm all this get together and after 3 months of heavy work you will get the baerings "kaput"
    good luck

PS:how you told to machine where is X0 position ,in the spindle centerline?
    do you use the workshift value?

I would be using G28 U0. W0. And then tool change at home

Sent from my G8343 using Tapatalk

Sure hope you set the parameters up for the max RPM on that new chuck. Overspeed a chuck too much, and you have a bomb going off.

Quote Originally Posted by zavateandu View Post
    i wonder how the bearings will hold the radial load for that huge chuck,hm all this get together and after 3 months of heavy work you will get the baerings "kaput"
    good luck

PS:how you told to machine where is X0 position ,in the spindle centerline?
    do you use the workshift value?
    So the machine still knows X0 because it technically hasnt changed. I moved the chuck and turret uniformly to create room for the chuck.

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    Sure hope you set the parameters up for the max RPM on that new chuck. Overspeed a chuck too much, and you have a bomb going off.
    I tested the chuck with no dogs in it, above 1350 rpm the chuck doesnt want to brake properly, so 1350 is my limit. Runs fine at that rpm and am able to cut alright on aluminum. This machine will only be making aluminum pulleys.