584,833 active members*
5,525 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Smoke after Spindle turn off

Smoke after Spindle turn off

Hello,

I just buyed an old fadal, 96'... I'm used to work with HAAS.
    After spindle off, i just usem M3 in MDI to start again at other speed... a lot of smoke and a "squealing" from belt area. After I push shift spindle start, spindle start normally but with a "flop flop" noise in low rpm.
    Is normal what was happened? I'm not allowed with fadal to overwrite the stop command for spindle with M3S...?

Sry for my English!

Re: Smoke after Spindle turn off

Take the Head cover off. The shifting Hi/Lo rollers are most likely adjusted to far in ... too much engagement. So all the belts are trying to grab the pulleys which will make a terrible sound but will do very little damage. To do this take out the 1/4-20 bolt at the rear of the Air Pistons, then swing them out. So you can get to the 1/2-13 bolt into the motor and then loosen the 1/2-13 Socket cap screw (back corner of the Spindle motor mount) allowing the assemble to swing out. Pull it out a bit tighten everything up and try it again. if all belts are still engaging back it off more. I assume you have the correct belt installed. if not here is a location for them https://itscnc.com/bel-0007-p-577.html

Thanks for your answer, I have this kind of belt https://itscnc.com/bel-0024-p-236.ht...7fe57bc5d01f51. Is a possibility to happen this because the air compressor didn't start and I was under 5.5 bar? and both air cylinder was at half of travel?
    Now I fix the air cinder and everything works perfect but with noise in low RPM.. .X( the belt is very tight or I do some damage to the belt at that squish.

Yes. The low air pressure most likely caused your problem. You now have a burnt spot on the low speed belt that will cause vibration and noise. It should probably be replaced.

Your definitely going to want to watch this video if you are going to change the belts. It is the same belt drive you have. And its probably the only video i have ever seen showing how to do it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hkmd...n9JroJ4l990gPg

Thanks a lot, is very helpful, today I saw I have all the time spindle load at 30%. Is to much and how i can solve this?

Thanks,