585,581 active members*
4,071 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > CNC Machine Related Electronics > Hyanyang Inverter Wiring and Setup

Hyanyang Inverter Wiring and Setup

Hi All,

Well to give you some back story. I was originally using the inverter/spindle with one of the 110 to 220 converters at my old place. Well my CNC was in storage for a bit and we moved. So when I moved I had a 220 circuit put downstairs in my hobby room. Anyway the plug is L14-30 and the black is wired to the "X" the red is wired to the "Y" the ground is to the ground and the white is wired to the white on the plug. On the Inverter, black is wired to the "R", red is wired to the "S" and white is wired to "T" while ground is wired to the ground symbol all the way to the right.

When I plug the plug in and test, I get approx. 120 v testing the "R" and "T" together as well as 120 v testing the "S" and "T" together. I thought this is ok. Maybe I am wrong. What else do I have to reset up on the inverter to have it turn on the spindle. The spindle is still wired to "U", "V", "W" and ground.

I do not have the CNC "BOB" board plugged in.

Help would be awesome !!! Thanks Steve

Re: Hyanyang Inverter Wiring and Setup

You should not have the neutral connected to T. Should not be connected at all.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Ok, disconnected the neutral from "T". How do I get the spindle to start. Do I need the BOB connected or should I just be able to start spindle ????

Depending on the the way the inverter is programmed the front panel may not be active. Without reprogramming, you may need to connect the BOB to operate the spindle.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

just figured it out. since I did not have the bob connected, I had to put D001 and D002 back to 0. Thanks for help. Its working great !!!

By the way, why don't you connect the neutral ????

Connecting the neutral would short the input bridge rectifier to ground. Neutral eventually is connected to ground either at the breaker panel or at the pole, depending on your local codes.
    Jim Dawson
    Sandy, Oregon, USA

Quote Originally Posted by sbloom67 View Post
    Hi All,

Well to give you some back story. I was originally using the inverter/spindle with one of the 110 to 220 converters at my old place. Well my CNC was in storage for a bit and we moved. So when I moved I had a 220 circuit put downstairs in my hobby room. Anyway the plug is L14-30 and the black is wired to the "X" the red is wired to the "Y" the ground is to the ground and the white is wired to the white on the plug. On the Inverter, black is wired to the "R", red is wired to the "S" and white is wired to "T" while ground is wired to the ground symbol all the way to the right.

When I plug the plug in and test, I get approx. 120 v testing the "R" and "T" together as well as 120 v testing the "S" and "T" together. I thought this is ok. Maybe I am wrong. What else do I have to reset up on the inverter to have it turn on the spindle. The spindle is still wired to "U", "V", "W" and ground.

I do not have the CNC "BOB" board plugged in.

Help would be awesome !!! Thanks Steve
    Hi Steve, what is the model of VFD? Or, could you post the picture of VFD's nameplate?

I think electrically with the 2 live conductors and N connected, the input is directly to a 3 phase rectifier, which means the Neutral has two reverse biased rectifiers WRT the L1/L2.
    So then no current will flow in the N at all, this is why you did not see any ill effects when connecting this way. Making it redundant.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.