584,802 active members*
4,926 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Mechanical Engineering > T-Slot CNC building > Want to make 8020 frame and then buy all the custom plates and motor mounts as a kit?

Want to make 8020 frame and then buy all the custom plates and motor mounts as a kit?

Besides cncrouterparts.com is there any other vendor that will sell me all the electrical and mechanical components to attach to my own 8020 t slot frame and make my own machine?

I can weld and it would be cheaper and stronger IMHO to just weld it out of steel 1.5x3" tube which is a fraction of the price and much stiffer than 40x80mm t slot extrusion. I would keep some 8020 tube for ease of assembling, but most of the table can be buildt out of steel IMHO.

Thanks for any insight!

Re: Want to make 8020 frame and then buy all the custom plates and motor mounts as a

Plenty, but it's a lot of work. Do you have an idea of the model you intend to build? Do you want similar electronics to the CNCrouterparts? Are you going to cut the beams yourself or purchase them from 80/20 cut to size? Do you know how you are going to join them? Anchors or brackets? Here's my machine using profile 3030 of 80/20 extrusion.

Re: Want to make 8020 frame and then buy all the custom plates and motor mounts as a

Here are just a few resources to start with:

AutomationDirect.com
    StepperOnline.com

controllers:
    CNC4U
    PMDX
    Warp9td
    Buildyourowncnc.com

there are many.

Many you can find on eBay and Amazon.

Anchors or brackets
    Answer is neither. I hope to just drill a hole and use a bolt tapped into the end. Not sure what the advantage is of using these milled anchors. It's not like one needs to move the rails often. Might as well make it as permanent as possible.

"AutomationDirect.com
    StepperOnline.com
    CNC4U
    PMDX
    Warp9td
    Buildyourowncnc.com

None of these websites seem to have a complete A-Z BOM of proven materials /builds that have actually been made except for the last one which is more expensive then CNCrouterparts.

https://rovercnc.com/products/roverc...dard-drive-kit

seems to be the only website that is half way as good as cnc router parts, but it doesn't even have a complete BOM of the pro level router they sell, only the beginner model.

None of these websites seem to have a complete A-Z BOM of proven materials /builds that have actually been made except for the last one which is more expensive then CNCrouterparts.
    DIY designs vary so much that you are not likely to find much of that. On the other hand; there are lots of builds documented here and elsewhere on the web that you can study and come up with your own design from.

Also, don't forget that you can come back here with a proposed design and ask for opinions!

Not sure exactly what you are looking for unless it’s a pre-designed build like the Openbuilds’ Ox. It’s not 80/20 extrusion T-slot, it’s V-slot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Alweld - Your name is Alweld so why not make it out of welded aluminium? No need to paint, if you size your parts right they will be stiffer and lighter then the steel and its easier to cold set then steel? Cheers Peter

Hello all,

This is Sharon from China, I am here because we are share the same interest in engineering and product development. I work in advanced manufacturing and support start-ups to fortune 50 companies with their development needs.

We specialized in 3D printing, Vacuum Casting, Bending, CNC machining, Stamping and extrusions, Rapid tooling, Injection Molding, if you need any supports for those services, send a message to [email protected] at any time.