584,837 active members*
5,784 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Kitamura > Kitamura mycenter 0 head scratcher - tech help?

Kitamura mycenter 0 head scratcher - tech help?

I have an odd issue I just cant figure out. Machine powers up fine. I push the power button the 2nd time and the servos come on. A random amont of time passes. Sometimes almost instantly and others it takes 5 - 10 min. The "RADY" relay starts pulsing like crazy. I figured maybe its a voltage drop but its not. I hooked up a scope to the relay coil and I am seeing a 24 volt square wave. I even go into the diagnostics screen and sure enough the bit is flipping between a 0 and a 1. Pushing the e-stop will stop the relay but the bit is still flipping till I press the reset button. Even releasing the estop without resetting the control makes the relay vibrate again. Any ideas what to look for here? Anything in the ladder that might cause this? It acts like something overheats with a random about of time. Maybe a loose or dirty connection? I re-seated all the ribbon cables on the IO board. Hopefully someone has a new direction for me to look.

Re: Kitamura mycenter 0 head scratcher - tech help?

Which diagnostics bit is flipping between a 0 and a 1? If it's an "X" then it is only reporting what is happening. If its a "Y" then look in the ladder to see what is making it flip. My gut tells me that you have a bad relay and it needs to be replaced.

I looked at the ladder that controls the "RADY" relay. I am seeing "SRDX", "SRDY", "SRDZ" contacts flashing. Not really sure why as the servo pack does fully work sometimes. Seams though not for very long anymore. This would explain why the "RADY" relay (Bit 1102 - 7) was flipping. I am also getting "Fuse NG" on the diagnostics display screen. This is the 1 am 50 volt breaker "CP59" to trip. I need to trace what exactly this does. Upon looking at the IO I am also seeing bit 1707 and 1708 0-4 doing what looks like a sequence. Same with bit 1764 and 1765 0-5 even without the servos turned on. Any help on where to look to locate this gremlin is sure appreciated. I do have all the manuals for this machine. Also this is equip with the spark changer.

CP59 just gives the Z axis brake power. I suspect the pulsing of "RDY2" killed the brake module. Servo pack is displaying this code "6. 3. _ 8." on the LED 8 display. I cant seem to locate what exactly that means.