584,862 active members*
5,349 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Autodesk CAM > Help with a projekt

Hybrid View

Question Help with a projekt

Hi.

I'm new to everything that has to do with CNC, but i've been trying to figure it out for a couple week now.
    I got hold of a STl model of a Beastmaker 2000, which is a climping grip trainer. I've cut the model into three separate pieces, and triede making toolpaths for each piece.
    From my simulation everythings looks fine, but I was wondering, if one of you guys might take a look at the files, which i made in fusion360, and give me some pointers
    I'm going to cut the pieces at this machine:
    X-Carve, CNC mill | Copenhagen Fablab
    at Copenhagen fablab.
    I haven't yet made the g-code, because i wanted somebode to look at it first.
    The files:
    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/a5p73mqul...u4XNPWuxa?dl=0
    Best regards. Kasper

Re: Help with a projekt

Kasper,

I suppose this will work. I don't really see any issues with your cutting methods -- Adaptive is very versatile, and typically works fine on parts like these.

Did you download these as scans (STL files) or find them somewhere already as BRep files? All 3 of these models show as being steel... is that correct, or will you be cutting them out of other material?

PM

Hi. Thanks.
    I found the file as an STL an converted it into a .step file. I will be cutting it from plywood, but i haven't figured out how to change the material type

Right click on the body in the browser pane, then select "Physical Material". Select the material out of the possibilities, and drag/drop the icon for that material onto your part.