Hello everyone,

up until about 2 months ago I'd never knew DIY CNC building was a thing, but now I know it is, I really want to 'have a go,' I'm a complete newbie though so I know there are loads to get my head around 1st!!

I've been playing around with different designs for a few months now, researching and gaining inspiration and this Design is what I've come up with, I've decided to start to buy some of the parts, but I'm wondering if this Design would be good/strong enough, I wanted to build the Gantry so it extends out (Cantilevers) to give me maximum cutting on the X-Axis, the footprint is 1000mm x 850mm (and I'm hoping the cutting area will be approx 860mm x 830mm) this is more than enough for the main purpose of this machine which is to make cabinets, I would like to be able to cut Aluminium but mainly just hardwoods as well as MDF, etc.

I have two 4A Nema 23's on the Y-Axis and one 4A Nema 23 on each of the X-axis and Z-axis. All the Liner Rails are Hiwin HGR15's with 16mm Ballscrews. The sub Frame is 2020 Black Ionized Aluminium Profile attached to 2080 Black Ionized Aluminium Profile as the main Frame, the Gantry is made of two 4080 C-Beams, I've rotated the top Beam by 90 degrees to give me extra room for the drag chain. All the Yellow parts in the Visualization will be 3D Printed Parts.

sorry for the quality, I had to reduce it to be able to upload it.

Cheers for looking, any advice/help would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Phil