584,837 active members*
4,975 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Question Mach 3 MPG issues

Hi Guys, just trying to work out what is wrong with my MPG setup.

I'm using a BL-UsbMach3 v2.1 stepper driver board and have my MPG connected up to the MPG input pins on that board.
    When I jog the Y axis, only one direction ever works. Its like it just ignores the wheel if I turn it in the opposite direction.
    X and Z Axis both work fine as long as you jog the Y axis in the working direction first before you attempt to move them, otherwise they won't work at all.
    I've tried both my home made MPG and a professional one (link here: https://www.futuremate.com/productdetail_en.php?id=65) in case the cheap rotary encoder I used on mine was the cause of the issue but both units present the exact same issue.

I've done a heap of googling and have found no other references to a similar problem so I'm hoping someone here may have seen it before and worked out how to solve it. My other option is to grab one of the wireless USB MPG's available and have a go with that but the reviews I've read on them don't seem as good as I would like.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Cheers!

Re: Mach 3 MPG issues

Any luck with this problem

Hi dmcke5,

Did you find a solution?

I'm having exactly the same problem.

Cheers

Okay, so I fixed it.

Config -> Ports and Pins -> Input Signals

EStop signal needs to be: Port #: 1 Pin Number: 10

Previously pin number for EStop was 13. But BL-UsbMach3 plugin somehow doesn't like of changing pin number for e-stop.

Quote Originally Posted by AUKURAS View Post
    Okay, so I fixed it.

Previously pin number for EStop was 13. But BL-UsbMach3 plugin somehow doesn't like of changing pin number for e-stop.
    So by fixing the estop u were able to fix the mpg ??? How did that work I dont understand. My issue WAS I used a 2nd printer port for the mpg and windows xp was not configured correctly so pin 2 wasnt really pin 2 I had to trace the wire 2 was connected to and use the c22 board from cnc4pc to diagnose when I changed the selector switches what light lit up when using the number 2 location. After doing this for all the pins I was able to find the right configuration and it works ....my issue now is when I turn the dial 1 click the machine does not move the correct amount I have tried every setting in mpg tab ..I'm stuck

I never managed to fix the issue on mine. Ended up replacing it with a Ethernet Smooth Stepper. No regrets!

At first under "Config -> Ports and Pins -> Input Signals" in Mach3 I used Pin Number 10 for my MPG. And then I had problem exactly as stated in the first post. But I found out that Pin 10 is dedicated only for E-Stop, and you can't use it with Encoder. So I used Pin 10 for e-stop, and MPG Pin 11, Pin 12, Pin 13. After that problem was fixed

Thanks a million man. This did the trick for me with my usbmach board.
    Changed e stop over to port 1 pin 10 and mpg pin11,12,13,14 for A/A- and B/B- and bamm...she's alive!
    Thanks again. it;'s been driving me crazy for a few days now.

Quote Originally Posted by AUKURAS View Post
    Okay, so I fixed it.

Thank you so much !!! I had the same issue and reconfiguring Estop to port#1 and pin 10 solved it