584,805 active members*
5,033 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Laser Engraving and Cutting Machines > Laser Engraving / Cutting Machine General Topics > Hobby laser engraver...laser delay on at start of each toolpath

Hobby laser engraver...laser delay on at start of each toolpath

hi
    i have a home hobby GRBL based laser engraving machine..the machine had no issues with its original 2w diode laser..it worked fine

i decided to add a more powerful 5.5W laser head

i installed the new driver board and laser head and the issue is when a toolpath is started the laser fan powers on instantly at the start of all toolpaths but the laser has about a 3 second delay so i am not able to engrave anyhting due to the delay..the project never comes out correct...once the laser comes on after the delay to do a toolpath it stays on fine and completes the toolpath.....it only has issues at start of all new toolpaths due to the delay on...so if im doing a text engrave when the laser goes from letter to letter it has a delay on at the start of each letter so obviously it doesnt work ....since the machine is moving to the toolpath but the laser is delay on..

i have swapped out with a replacement driver board and same issue i also swapped out with a replacement 5.5 laser and same issue

im pulling my hair out trying to find out why this is happening.

here are some pics of my hobby machine

the small laser in the front is the orig 2w laser..it works perfectly fine..the lasrger laser in back is the 5.5w laser that for some reason has delay on

im using same exact software LASERGRBL for both lasers....nothing has changed at all except a diff laser and driver board

thanks

Re: Hobby laser engraver...laser delay on at start of each toolpath

update issue fixed..it was user install error due to no instructions coming with the driver board

in order to make new driver board work properly i had to wire driver board TTL + pin to the Arduino D11 pin
    and wire TTL- pin to Gnd pin on arduino

now no laser on delay