584,805 active members*
4,916 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Tormach sales

anyone know when Tormach has across the board sales?
    Do they do Black Friday or other discount days?
    I have some backup equipment (like a backup coolant pump) I plan to get but am n no rush.
    Thanks
    Nathan

Re: Tormach sales

Tormachy occasionally has clearance items at a reduced price but I don't recall a general sale. I believe that they offer a discount if you attend a training course.

Quote Originally Posted by kstrauss View Post
    Tormachy occasionally has clearance items at a reduced price but I don't recall a general sale. I believe that they offer a discount if you attend a training course.
    Ok, thanks.
    I thought I saw a general sale last year.

Perhaps I missed it. I do recall that they announced a coming "reverse sale" (price increase).

Perhaps I missed it. I do recall that they announced a coming "reverse sale" (price increase).
    That's the only one I ever noticed .
    They do or did have an end of summer sale on the sb15l. Offering to include some accessories in the base 15k price.
    I put off an order all summer for machinist vise, keys, and parallels. Picked up some high end indicating and measuring tools this last few months instead.

Yes, this was the event I was remembering. Wow, Tormach’s prices sure have jumped. They use to be competitively priced on all of their tooling for example that I use to buy most of my stuff from them when I placed orders.

I got $200 off my 440 for attending one of their seminars.

Everyone's prices have jumped. That's how a 25% tariff is paid for by you and me, not somehow by China...

A major pain is that Tormach raised their prices for everyone so the duty is also paid by customers in Canada and England who have no disagreement with China.

Yes; this is one of the ways that import tariffs hurt US export businesses.
    Free trade was a mistake! Mercantilism at its finest! Forbid the export of gold bullion! Who's with me?

Actually the tariffs don't hurt US exporters but only US RE-exporters. That is, those who import mostly finished items and, with no or minimal changes, re-export them.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatte View Post
    Everyone's prices have jumped. That's how a 25% tariff is paid for by you and me, not somehow by China...
    The price increase happened last year before the tariff war

TORMACH just posted an "End of summer, $1000 worth of FREE upgrades" if you purchase a 15L Slant Pro.

But, I still think $15,000 is asking waaayy too much for a 2 Horsepower lathe.

I actually flew up there from TX and visited. They were very nice and I enjoyed checking out the latest stuff in person but they wouldn't even give any discount for buying both a fully loaded mill and lathe.. kinda put me off, and I'm a current customer with a series III mill already.

I think the there must be accountants with a more prominent decision making role to make Tormach as profitable as possible.

I look at what I paid a year ago for replacement parts and See an average of 20 to 25% increase. This is before the trade war mind you.

I would rather go back to paid shipping If that is what cause the change in pricing.

The costs are making entry level VMCs and Haas’ look more enticing.

QUOTE=Spinnetti;2320332]I actually flew up there from TX and visited. They were very nice and I enjoyed checking out the latest stuff in person but they wouldn't even give any discount for buying both a fully loaded mill and lathe.. kinda put me off, and I'm a current customer with a series III mill already.[/QUOTE]

Free shipping is only available to US customers. International shipping for parts and supplies is still ridiculously overpriced.

It would be nice if Tormach could warehouse machines in Canada for shipment to Canadian customers thus avoiding the import duties the USA charges on Chinese products. CNC mills, lathes and most other machining tools enter Canada Duty free. If they could reduce their machine prices by 25% they could dominate the Canadian hobbyist / entry level cnc machine market. They would have to have their machines cUA or CSA approved before doing this.

I ship to CA all the time for my business. It's a real bummer when I'm sending $100 USD of parts and it costs $43 to get it there.

Many of my customers have U.S. shipping addresses that they cross the border to pick their stuff up, but that's obviously a luxury for small items and people close to the border.