I was looking at electric scooters and decided to see the difference between lead acid and lithium... big one is weight with lithium being by far the less heavy the next big one is price with lead acid being the big winner by being less expensive.

some important points...

lead acid can at least potentially be reconditioned by just about anyone with some knowledge the lithium can't
lead acid gets recycled I am guessing the lithium doesn't
lead acid makes a much cheaper powerwall...
both must be relatively slow charged or they die but lead acid takes much longer to get charged
lead acid batteries come in tough containers but many lithium batteries can't so much as get nicked without failing (the lead acid could also be repaired?)

the comparisons between lead acid and lithium when comparing weight are 100% unfair IMO. Its apples an oranges to compare an old battery contruction method like what is used with many lead acid batteries with the new ones used with lithium batteries? Can a lead acid be made like lithium batteries? I realize lithium is *very* light weight in comparison to lead but its also being spread out incredibly thin while the lead acid batteries have thicky spongy plates and a ton of electrolyte. Would the comparisons between weight and power be so extreme if lead batteries were made more consistent to the way lithium batteries are made?