504,144 active members
5,572 visitors online
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > EDUCATION + CNC TRAINING > TECHNICAN - FORUM > Looking for a CNC Router "consultant" for support
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Looking for a CNC Router "consultant" for support

Quote Originally Posted by twodeuce View Post
    Looks like this might be the culprit. I rechecked all the gears and belts on the y axis. When the machine is on, the right side servo (as I'm looking at it from the front of the machine) is rock solid. The left side has considerable play in it 1/16" plus forward and back. When I move it back and forth, the gears are engaged and moving, the belt moves, so it seems the servo is letting it move.
    Well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but I think I might have nailed it.
    I went to hook up my computer inside the cabinet to diagnose with the program I downloaded and the #1 Y axis had an error code. When I looked it up, it was one of 5 possibilities and one was possibly a loose wire. I unplugged the wire from the motor itself and plugged it back in. Rebooted the console and not only did the error message go away, my two test cuts are perfect for the first time since I've owned it!
    At least now I know where to look if I start getting my cutting issues again.

I feel like a dumb rookie, but I can't thank you all enough for your willingness to help; especially you CNCINDUSTRY. I appreciate your willingness to walk me through potentially more involved issues.

My best to you all,

Brandon

Looks like this might be the culprit. I rechecked all the gears and belts on the y axis. When the machine is on, the right side servo (as I'm looking at it from the front of the machine) is rock solid. The left side has considerable play in it 1/16" plus forward and back. When I move it back and forth, the gears are engaged and moving, the belt moves, so it seems the servo is letting it move.
    Hi Brandon. Thank you for your feedback.
    I need to emphasize one thing before we go: The original servo parameters are critical important. You must backup all of them prior to change any items.

Generally speaking, most of the machines are tested and ensure perfectly state before they go out.

For the servo parameters, they are batch replication from one template. So we temporarily leave them alone.

I need to confirm the mechanical structure first.

According to your description: "the right side servo (as I'm looking at it from the front of the machine) is rock solid. The left side has considerable play in it 1/16" plus forward and back."
    Does your machine has double Y-axis? In another word, does the machine has two ballscrews in Y direction? Could you show me the pictures of your CNC table? Have you ever checked the coupling?

Registered

Re: Looking for a CNC Router "consultant" for support

I need to emphasize one thing before we go: The original servo parameters are critical important. You must backup all of them prior to change any items.
    Yes, and I would suggest making a paper copy and attaching it to the inside of the machine somewhere convenient... the next time that information is needed, it's possible that whatever file storage media you would use would not be easy to read (um... anybody got a 5.25" floppy drive handy? Well, in 25 years, that USB thumb drive might be in a similar situation...).

Hello Brandon, it is my pleasure to help you. Don't worry and take it easy, if you make some progress in servo system, you will find it is wonderful for a CNC machine.

As I said serval days ago, servo system is much more complicate, so follow me step by step, little by little. You can reach me at this email:
    oossppp@outlook.com

For the problems diagnosing, I need some more detail pictures of the wires' connection.
    What is the error code with your #1 Y axis?
    Last edited by CNCINDUSTRY; 09-11-2019 at 02:07 AM.

Page 2 of 2 12