585,754 active members*
3,679 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Fanuc 6M-B unable to load program from PC to CNC or Via DNC one to CNC via RS232

Question Fanuc 6M-B unable to load program from PC to CNC or Via DNC one to CNC via RS232

Hi guys,

quick question, i'm unable to load the a programm (that was working) to the cnc via RS232 to the CNC.

could it be the Punch card that is having the issue ? I've check the wired even bought a new one. I've bought an DNC one but it works if i plug it directly to the motherboard.
    The issue is if i do that i cannot edit the code while doing a prototype part and adjust. The code run directly from the DNC one in cycle.

I'm trying to use the DNC one or the PC to transfert via RS232 to the memory of the machine, but it doesn't seem to work. it just stay blank....

I was wondering could it be the punch card module ? I've look at the card but it doesn't seem to have anything burn on it ...

or could it be the bubble card memory !? no sure i guess it something related to memory but i don't know what ?

any advice ?

thanks

Re: Fanuc 6M-B unable to load program from PC to CNC or Via DNC one to CNC via RS232

I assume that the DNC card plug into the tapereader.
    It is not the BMU (bubble memory.
    Likely the puch board , wiring, serial port on computer, or a setting problem.
    I am in Kitchener, Ontario; where are you?