585,962 active members*
3,640 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mach Software (ArtSoft software) > Mach Mill > getting started with mach3 mill and connecting it with x3 mill

getting started with mach3 mill and connecting it with x3 mill

Hi

I am new to this group, recently bought a x3 milling machine and tried to run that with mach3, but machine is not responding. I dont know what went wrong, i followed each and eery step instructed in manual.

my diagnistic window is also unactive in the sense it is not showig any LED glowing. Please anybody guide me in comming out of this problem.

it would be great if you can mail me details on [email protected]

thanks in advance

No leds on port activity

Hi dsing82.

I too have a simular problem in that i set up the limit switches, home and limit and all was well (leds changing state as i switched a switch) then this week nothing no leds no limit activity at all.

i have checked the wiring and all seems ok

anyone have any suggestions as to what may have happend or a way to fix

roger

There are many reasons why nothing moves.

It would help you to get an answer if you said: my machine is powered up and the servo motors are holding OR, my servo motors are not holding. Knowing this info eliminates 1/2 of the possible problems.

Tell as much as you can. Did the machine ever run? Has your computer ever ran any machine? Was it running and all of a sudden stop? do you run the machine with other software, and simply can't get Mach3 going?

If you don't give more details, someone would have to write a book to cover everything.

Good Luck

Mach3 no limit lights

hi, & thanks to the comments from springlakecnc.

First, no the machine had not moved up to the point of setting the limit switches, and did not move for another week, then getting both X & Y to move i discoverd that the limit lights were no longer showing.

I am suspicious that either i have set a funtion that turns off the limit lights, or i have blown up the inputs to the parallel port, this is possible as i am using 5+ volts supply on the controller board with the possibility that the input port is 3.3V.
    However tis will have to wait untill the weekend to see.!!!!

Roger

No Limit lights

OK,

It is not a dead printer port, I ran a parallel port monoitor program and I can see the input pins change state when a limit switch is thrown.
    ( This is using all of the control electronics without any motors runnng )

But there is no activity on MACH3 diagnostics screen and of corse if there is no activity on MACH3 then when referencing an axis the gantry crashes into a limit stop the motors just keep running.

I am now sure this is a software problem which i think is a setting i have set which is causing the problem but where and how do i correct it

Roger
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screen dump.jpg