584,812 active members*
5,193 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Mazak, Mitsubishi, Mazatrol > VTC 200B PC Fusion CNC 640m Tool arm hitting spindle

VTC 200B PC Fusion CNC 640m Tool arm hitting spindle

We just got in a used machine and got it hooked to electricity, not used to the 640m interface as we were using an older version of mazatrol. Managed to get everything hooked up and homed out including the 4 axis rotary indexer. Went to try and switch to an empty tool slot to make sure everything was cool before using an actual tool. Used MDI and Tool Change, spindle goes back to position, door opens and the tool switching arm turns out and hits the spindle and stops. Had to power down, manually get the arm off the spindle as it was wedged there, rehome it out and close the door again.

When we first got the machine hooked up we had an error where Fusion would crash, the people we bought the machine from had a 2nd one and sent use the Mobo from it that we swapped in. We didn't back up and parameters as they were from the exact same machine.

Any ideas?

Re: VTC 200B PC Fusion CNC 640m Tool arm hitting spindle

Can we see the control tool change macro code? I'd first check the control params and see if those are consistent with the motion distance asked by the macro/variables

This is the first time working with this interface, is there a place where I can get a walk thru to give you that information?

The Mazak User Manual would be the first place to look, or any information relevant to macro programming could get you up to speed also.
    How do you access the file system on the control? Via HMI or Remote/software?

I have been using the HMI for accessing the information. I will do some looking into the macro programming thanks.

This document explains how to network Xtalk, if you are lucky enough to have the network card (should). Xtalk seems to give access to the control's file system where you'll certainly find the toolchange macro among all others cycles/macros, etc.
    http://www2.i-logic.com/manuals/Maza...Fusion_640.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Mecanix View Post
    This document explains how to network Xtalk, if you are lucky enough to have the network card (should). Xtalk seems to give access to the control's file system where you'll certainly find the toolchange macro among all others cycles/macros, etc.
    http://www2.i-logic.com/manuals/Maza...Fusion_640.pdf
    I wish it did, I have a dB 25 connector on the side with a pcixxxx, can never remember all the initials, expansion on the side of the monitor. There is no network receiver on the mobo that I can see and definitely not one outside the enclosure.

Is there a way to reload the parameters or a walk thru I can use?

I understand both the control and machine are new to you. And I can tell you now you won't fix this without first getting familiar with your control and understanding how it calls the macro for tool changing. My best advice right now would be to contact your local Mazak support center and request for the PC Fusion CNC 640m's Service Procedures & Programming manuals to be sent to you if you do not have them, you need those. The data restoration and init procedures should be included in this doc along with alarm list and troubleshooting.

Have pictures of your control, software revision and serial number(s) as this may be asked to confirm they are sending you the relevant procedures/doc for your control.

Will do! Thanks so much for the help thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by Varicore View Post
    Will do! Thanks so much for the help thus far.
    Not knowing how the control was commissioned at the first place and what variables/params that TC macro is calling on M06, it really makes it hard for anyone to debug this remotely.
    I'm struggling to understand why the seller didn't include the documentation and service records with your kit. Equally as important as the doc are the OEM/tool-builder's backups for the PLC ladder, and pump/relays/switches schematics. I'd give this seller a call and request for this to be sent to you. Let us know how you do or when you'll be able to identify where is that TC macro. G'luck man

Ok got it figured out, used the Data I/O option and blew the backed up parameters back into it. Shutdown machine, restarted it and was able to do a tool change. Now to figure out why I can only program in EIA and Mazatrol isn't an option.