584,866 active members*
5,083 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > International / Regional Forums > Australia, New Zealand Club House > Looking at a new CNC for home (might build might buy, not sure yet)
Page 2 of 2 12

Re: Looking at a new CNC for home (might build might buy, not sure yet)

Hello Slixxor
    I am from Aeon Laser and glad to tell you that we have Exclusive agent Gary Chapman in*Australia. He is very professional in the CNC industry and he will be responsible for the sales and service of Aeon Laser. Hope you become friends.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by FastFarmer View Post
    Lol... I think there's probably a reason why I've been around since 2010 and this is post number 133.

Anyway... back to the topic...
    Sorry if i offended you mate, its my African humor maybe

This is funny to me as I was watching a vid on a 5 axis cnc and the wow factor to me was not the cutting ability, but the how rigid must the column holding the spindle .

the wow factor to me was not the cutting ability, but the how rigid must the column holding the spindle .
    There is a known difference between routers built with plywood and serious milling machines. :violin:
    Not only rigidity, but also weight!

Cheers
    Roger

Quote Originally Posted by InMesh View Post
    This is funny to me as I was watching a vid on a 5 axis cnc and the wow factor to me was not the cutting ability, but the how rigid must the column holding the spindle .
    Most 5th axis are on the table for this very reason. People often think the most important thing in a rotary is backlash, but the ability to hold the material without movement or vibration is more crucial.

@ericks - it's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Slixxor View Post
    Hey Aussie Guys,

Has anyone had any experience with CNC3D in Australia?

https://www.cnc3d.com.au

I was looking at building my own CNC and stumbled across their online store for profile rails and ball screws.

They're based on the Gold Coast.

I noticed they had some CNC kits available for home hobbyist use but I'm not sure if they will work well for nicely milling Aluminium. They do advise it will but at a very low feed rate.

One of their sales reps told me I might be better off holding out for their new Nighthawk CNC range.

apparently they use a rotating nut design rather than a rack and pinion for their full sized machines.

It looks like a beefed up version of what I was going to build haha.

What do you guys think of a spinning nut design rather than screw?

Here's their blog post

https://www.cnc3d.com.au/post/our-ne...is-coming-soon
    Hey isn't this the same David Nestor that registered Slixxor for an ABN in 2011 and CNC3D IN 2018? Mate change your user name if you are going to trying to back link/ promote your own business. Why do you think everyone is an idiot?

Quote Originally Posted by adamsbits View Post
    Hey isn't this the same David Nestor that registered Slixxor for an ABN in 2011 and CNC3D IN 2018? Mate change your user name if you are going to trying to back link/ promote your own business. Why do you think everyone is an idiot?
    Only the trolls who drag up 3 year old threads and have only ever posted 3 times since joining in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by delco View Post
    Only the trolls who drag up 3 year old threads and have only ever posted 3 times since joining in 2020
    Waiting for Delco Aka Daniel Collins, supplier to David Nestor CNC 3D with a vested financial interest to rear his head How's your trolling?

Page 2 of 2 12