Hi,

Newbie here. I'm having this Chinese made aluminium 4020 CNC router. It comes with a Mach3 control box connects to PC through USB. LazyCAM is also included in the software.

I'm complete new to CNC milling and have only watched a few Mach3 youtube videos to get the basics of it. But I have been playing with Fusion360 and 3D printing for over a year. So when I saw Fusion360 has the Mach3 post processing I naturally preferred Fusion360 as it seems to be much easier to use and has the nice simulation and tool configuration. To my disappointment, the first g-code I ran broke the 3.175mm end mill against a piece of pine. Cutter seemed to want to move through the whole stock to the other side to begin the cutting. I did zero Z position before doing that and the router seemed to know that. Just that before moving the cutter will plunge first. I think there must be something wrong with the g-code. But problem is I don't know the g-code, either.

Can anyone tell me how I can get myself started with this thing? Do I have to learn LazyCAM or can I get away with Fusion360?

Thanks!