585,555 active members*
3,302 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

anyone can recommend chinese routers?

We are considering to buy 4'x8' china-made cnc routers. From our research we have narrowed down several companies:

1. Jinan Shinghui CNC - brand name "Exitech"
    2. Jinan Quick CNC Router Co Ltd
    3. Shenyang Guangda Technology Development Co Ltd - brand name "Guangdaly"
    4. Tongxing Technology Development Co Ltd - brand name "Suda Vanguard"

As we never have experience with cnc router machine, we actually take great risk to buy china-made machine. But they CHEAP, compared to Shopbot PRS Alpha or Techno LC. Any information or experience (including the customer support) using China cnc router would be appreciated.

Techno cnc Router

Hi I have a used 4x8 LC for sale, I can give you the specs if you like.

Hi, I have this one(http://www.dkj.cn/eproshow.asp~id=6.html) from about 6 months and works great! very simple and robust machine

Bobalerio

Thank you for the offer. I haven't decided yet, but more information will be a great help. BTW, where is your location?

Kesuma,
    Did you buy a chinese router? if so, from who, which model, and what has your experience been like, from purchase to shipping, receiving and using the machine.
    Regards
    Fernando

I ordered a IEC6090 from Ink Express Hong Kong (http://www.iehk.net/Products/1CNC_router.html) and a laser engraver60x90 from the same, I receive different products that in their web page but with the same specs. - no trouble at all, good quality at that price.
    both machines are working since without problems. You get also some spare parts and a lot of good quality router bits(it is worth to negociate for more when you place the order)

Red face I tried to buy 2 of these.....

I actually tried unsuccessfully to purchase one of these machines from 2 different vendors. The one vendor on eBay would not return my emails. The other vendor, located in Minnesota, offered to let me come by and inspect the machine. When I arrived, after traveling from Phoenix, AZ, he was not there. However, I was still able to see the machine and came away unimpressed.

I ended up buying my machine from a company in Minnesota for only about $3,000 more (base price) than the Chinese machine. I have been absolutely satisfied with my decision. The machine has worked flawlessly since I took it out of the crate.

If you check some of the other threads, you will find that the castings on some of these Chinese machines are not flat and square. One guy from Australia found that they had used some sort of metal putty in an attempt to square up the table from underneath. I found out that you have to be very careful with the controls. Some of them only come in metric. You have to make sure to ask the proper questions and purchase the proper accessories.

My understanding is that some people have good luck with these machines. Some don't even see their machines for months after they order and pay for them. It's a good idea to find out if you are getting a machine from stateside stock of if it will be shipped in the next container that the seller purchases from China when he gets enough orders.

Best of luck.

Shopsabre

For a quality built router Call shopsabre,same and better components as techno but will not rip you off.Digital ac servos,Techno did not offer them.In my opinion it is to early to be buying chineese routers.Just like the cycles they send over here,not the best and parts can be hard to get..
    Ben

please provide some additional information.

thanks

WARNING its a BIG thread

I would recommend getting an Excitech though, and Taney is very good to deal with.

Shannon.