585,722 active members*
4,247 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 3 of 4 1234

Re: Need help please

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    Is the board label wrong?

I know at least one manual is wrong. I have two different ones, and both say different things about the jumper.
    Mine says "jumper in place 0 - 5 V" jumper out 0- 10 V.....but it's the other way. Just annoying when you already wired it up and find this then you need to undo to open the unit to replace the jumper. But my biggest problem with this board is the fact that they have a single 0V5 for wiring to the stepper drives. What i do like about this board is the 24 V.

Another thought.....I there a spec for the max cureent draw from the AXBB-E?

Worth using a external 10V supply into the VFD and measurung that current draw? That would confirm the AXBB-E can or can't supply enough current....

Try adjust your VFD analog input Volts/output Hertz parameter to make it to rotate your spindle on 100% at 9.2Volts instead of at 10Volts and the problem is solved.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    Try adjust your VFD analog input Volts/output Hertz parameter to make it to rotate your spindle on 100% at 9.2Volts instead of at 10Volts and the problem is solved.
    Yes thanks, done that already. Just saying that their stuff should work as advertised/spec'd

Further noise immunity tests. Unscreened open cables to spindle motor...e/stop cables and stepper cables all tied together. Also loaded up one of the mains outputs for a shop vac. Ran a program with all this running. Unplugged the vacuum while running, plugging it in and out constantly. Zero issues, zero fluctuation in analog value to drive. After running the program all stepper returned to home position perfectly.

Conclusion, no lost steps, even with open and unscreened spindle cable. Next step would be to connect all the proximity sensors and probe input and re do the tests.

Obviously i am very happy with the results
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails noise1.jpg   noise2.jpg  

But my biggest problem with this board is the fact that they have a single 0V5 for wiring to the stepper drives
    A few terminal blocks will take care of that, for about $5.
    Gerry

UCCNC 2017 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2017.html

Mach3 2010 Screenset
    http://www.thecncwoodworker.com/2010.html

JointCAM - CNC Dovetails & Box Joints
    http://www.g-forcecnc.com/jointcam.html

(Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    Further noise immunity tests. Unscreened open cables to spindle motor...e/stop cables and stepper cables all tied together. Also loaded up one of the mains outputs for a shop vac. Ran a program with all this running. Unplugged the vacuum while running, plugging it in and out constantly. Zero issues, zero fluctuation in analog value to drive. After running the program all stepper returned to home position perfectly.

Conclusion, no lost steps, even with open and unscreened spindle cable. Next step would be to connect all the proximity sensors and probe input and re do the tests.

Obviously i am very happy with the results
    Good Grounding practice normally takes care of most problems, As a test remove your Power filter and test again
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by ger21 View Post
    A few terminal blocks will take care of that, for about $5.
    Yes, i added a few din rail terminals....$2.50

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Good Grounding practice normally takes care of most problems, As a test remove your Power filter and test again
    Power filter was removed. Like i said very happy with the results. I will most likely add another power filter anyway. Hopefully when all the external devices are wired up all will still be good

ps.....there are two things i did that help greatly with noise immunity, but i won't mention it here

Yes thanks, done that already. Just saying that their stuff should work as advertised/spec'd
    I do not see any advertised/spec'd voltage tolerance % for the analog 0-10V signal. It is not advertised or spec'd at all as far as I see.
    Mine goes between 0-9.9Volts though which is quite accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by OlfCNC View Post
    I do not see any advertised/spec'd voltage tolerance % for the analog 0-10V signal. It is not advertised or spec'd at all as far as I see.
    Mine goes between 0-9.9Volts though which is quite accurate.
    You fortunate....when i said spec'd i was mostly referring to the jumper out for 10V....which was not so
    Anyway it's still a good product and i am happy to sell this box with the axbb-e

Update, all that is left is to make a few changes to the drawing and write up a "manual" for the panel, then it's good to go

Thanks for all the help guys....much appreciated!!

Labels should arrive soon...

So i have been getting negative comments regarding this control panel. Mostly due to the fact that i chose to install the drive inside the box. Decided to rather use it on my own machine...giving up the idea/plan to sell them

So i have been getting negative comments regarding this control panel. Mostly due to the fact that i chose to install the drive inside the box. Decided to rather use it on my own machine...giving up the idea/plan to sell them
    The VFD Drive should be in the Box just as you have built it, anyone that says different does not know what they are talking about, there will always be naysayers that are not capable of building anything like this, or even have a clue how to start a project like this, I would not give up on your project it will take some time to get it going, I'm sure there are plenty that are building machines that can't build the electrical cabinet as you have and will spend way more money trying to do so, if anyone compares your Cabinet to CNC Router Parts Cabinet, your Cabinet would be the better choice of the two, all in one is much better than having ( 2 ) separate Cabinets to do the same job
    Mactec54

I agree with mactec54. Never let the naysayers bring you down. Your box is not a perfect fit for everyone, but it has all the necessary components, looks to be a quality product, and, I am assuming, it has your backing and support. Determine a price where you can make a little $ and put it out there for sale. Heck, I may even buy one.

I encourage you to take the next step. Designing and building a prototype is actually the easy part for technical people like us. Marketing your product is a bit more difficult. The good thing is that it doesn't cost a lot of $, just time and effort. You already have a start by getting your product some exposure on this site. Take the next step and define a price and some spec-sheets that you can use to convey what the box does and it's compatabilities.

I say go for it. The worst that can happen is that you will get lots of experience.

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    The VFD Drive should be in the Box just as you have built it, anyone that says different does not know what they are talking about, there will always be naysayers that are not capable of building anything like this, or even have a clue how to start a project like this, I would not give up on your project it will take some time to get it going, I'm sure there are plenty that are building machines that can't build the electrical cabinet as you have and will spend way more money trying to do so, if anyone compares your Cabinet to CNC Router Parts Cabinet, your Cabinet would be the better choice of the two, all in one is much better than having ( 2 ) separate Cabinets to do the same job
    Mac thank you....i have had a really bad week. What you have said has helped me a great deal. Very much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by maxspongebob View Post
    I agree with mactec54. Never let the naysayers bring you down. Your box is not a perfect fit for everyone, but it has all the necessary components, looks to be a quality product, and, I am assuming, it has your backing and support. Determine a price where you can make a little $ and put it out there for sale. Heck, I may even buy one.

I encourage you to take the next step. Designing and building a prototype is actually the easy part for technical people like us. Marketing your product is a bit more difficult. The good thing is that it doesn't cost a lot of $, just time and effort. You already have a start by getting your product some exposure on this site. Take the next step and define a price and some spec-sheets that you can use to convey what the box does and it's compatabilities.

I say go for it. The worst that can happen is that you will get lots of experience.
    Same to you mate, much appreciated I was just about to finalize the drawing and spec sheet. I will anyway connect it to my own machine and shoot a video of the operation, that might just put more people at ease regarding the performance of the unit.

Wish you many sales.
    Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am. My attitude depends on who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by ZASto View Post
    Wish you many sales.
    Thanks

Page 3 of 4 1234