584,866 active members*
4,881 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 4 of 4 234

Re: Need help please

"If you build it...they will come....'

lol

You have a good strong product bro. You have rung its neck and it has come through easy.
    Keep going!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    "If you build it...they will come....'

lol

You have a good strong product bro. You have rung its neck and it has come through easy.
    Keep going!
    Thanks mate

So i decided to install the box on my own machine, that way i can prove that it works as required. Had to make a few mods on the stand to fit it...

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    So i decided to install the box on my own machine, that way i can prove that it works as required. Had to make a few mods on the stand to fit it...
    Nice Pro job time for some :cheers:
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Nice Pro job time for some :cheers:
    Thanks mate

Set up uccnc for axbb-e. All working as expected, made a few bits. All that is left is to connect all I/O and external powered devices and do a thorough test

Update....all i/o connected and set up. Panel is working faultlessly. Time to make up a new unit for sale, a few little tweaks but essentially the same.

*Golf Clap*

good stuff Erick.

Quote Originally Posted by Sterob View Post
    *Golf Clap*

good stuff Erick.
    Thanks Steve

A little update, all good with the control panel...0 issues. Just completed a pc board to make wiring between the motion controller and sensor/limit sockets easier and quicker. No more soldering of cables to sockets and adding heat shrink, and it should be a neat solution. Next board will be an expansion board to the AXBB-E to make it easier to connect/wire, open up more i/o and add some logic for external devices.

Yet another update....i managed to complete the first version of the pc board. With minor changes it will be good to use/sell. Will make wiring the i/o much quicker, easier and neater.

I noticed that many DIYers wire their steppers using detachable connectors. Is there a good reason for that, or is it just a tradition? How often (and what for) do people disconnect/reconnect their motors? To me those chassis connectors just look like more wiring headaches and more potential points of failure.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    I noticed that many DIYers wire their steppers using detachable connectors. Is there a good reason for that, or is it just a tradition? How often (and what for) do people disconnect/reconnect their motors? To me those chassis connectors just look like more wiring headaches and more potential points of failure.
    These are not stepper connectors, they are just I/O connectors. Reason i do it is cause i want to sell plug n play boxes
    In the industry we gland our cables only...hardly ever use plugs, it's added cost and another spot where you can have issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ericks View Post
    These are not stepper connectors, they are just I/O connectors. Reason i do it is cause i want to sell plug n play boxes
    That makes sense. People without deep knowledge of electronics would probably feel much more comfortable plugging in clearly labeled connectors instead of attaching individual wires.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenOfDreams View Post
    That makes sense. People without deep knowledge of electronics would probably feel much more comfortable plugging in clearly labeled connectors instead of attaching individual wires.
    Yes

Hi,

Are you ready to sell your i/o connector board yet? If so where can one order these?

Thanks
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by iforeman View Post
    Hi,

Are you ready to sell your i/o connector board yet? If so where can one order these?

Thanks
    Ian
    Hi Ian, this is only a prototype. I need to change a couple of things before i sell them. The idea is to make them very easy to install. These ones will be tricky to install, reason being the sockets need to be fitted to the box/gland plate first...then the pcb put in place and the pins soldered. I want to use different sockets that the user can solder first then push onto the box/gland plate and tighten from the outside. If you have a removable mounting plate and are able to machine the socket holes very accurately then i can send you one of these boards, no problem

This is how i did it initially, reason why i made this board is to make it neater and save time wiring...

Page 4 of 4 234