584,837 active members*
5,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CNC Electronics > Spindles / VFD > Need Al_The_Man's Help!!!

Need Al_The_Man's Help!!!

Hi Al,

On my Huanyang VFD with out Amps set for display I receive 0.0 to 0.3 averagely. How am I to interpret this? Is this additional Amps to my set amps in (PD142). I can't imagine it being my total amp draw when running.

Thanks in Advance,
    Dan

Anyone else with a answer will be extremely appreciated.

Re: Need Al_The_Man's Help!!!

I don't have the manual where I am right now, but IIRC PD142 just sets the plate current of the motor so you don't exceed it an possibly burn the motor out.
    I will check later.
    Are you talking front read out or the analogue meter output?
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Re: Need Al_The_Man's Help!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Al_The_Man View Post
    I don't have the manual where I am right now, but IIRC PD142 just sets the plate current of the motor so you don't exceed it an possibly burn the motor out.
    I will check later.
    Are you talking front read out or the analogue meter output?
    Al.
    The front read out. On the huanyang there is a display choice for this "out amps" there's also a read for modbus for out amps both displaying the same. Just not sure how to interpret the read. It increases and decreases while spindle spins up or down. Making cuts it increases as well, been deliberately making deep cuts and went up as far as 1.6. but under no load it's 0.0 - 0.3.

Been searching the internet and learned a lot with running and full load amps but still no answer. I knew you were the best choice to get close. Thanks or your reply and have a Happy Easter Sunday!

Dan

Al I need your help also!! My name is also AL . I can’t get the website to work properly on my phone. That’s not my issue but that’s why I can’t contact you. I have a Fanuc on question. [email protected],

On my Huanyang VFD with out Amps set for display I receive 0.0 to 0.3 averagely. How am I to interpret this? Is this additional Amps to my set amps in (PD142). I can't imagine it being my total amp draw when running.

Thanks in Advance,
    Dan

Anyone else with a answer will be extremely appreciated.[/QUOTE]