584,812 active members*
5,381 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Surfcam > Surfcam Dealers in the US

Surfcam Dealers in the US

A search of the web doesn't show any Surfcam dealers anymore in the US, Am I missing something?

Re: Surfcam Dealers in the US

Everything is through Hexagon now. The resellers are gone(they were ripping people off anyway). We recently upgraded one of our seats to 2020. A Hexagon rep came in and asked why all the programmers weren't using a Hexagon product. We told them it was because our reseller wanted over $40k to upgrade our Traditional Surfcam seats to the new Surfcam. He immediately said "That was supposed to be free." We may switch to Edgecam next year if they honor the deal that the reseller screwed us out of.

BTW Surfcam 2020 is still buggy as hell with very little useful improvements compared to 2015. There's no reason to upgrade other than staying up to date with translators.

I tried in 2016 to upgrade the Traditional version to EVO and the default value was 16700USD !!! The modules were these: Surfcam Ultimate Milling /
    Surfcam Essentials Turning / Surfcam Solid Machinist Max.
    What I proposed was, the version would be offered and would pay the annual maintenance of the new version. After some negotiation it could for ~ 2500 USD. At the time I rejected it and continued with the Traditional version. These negotiations were with Surfware, because in my country there was only reseller until the end of 2014.

Letter from a US reseller

http://support.camcadtech.com/public...erBulletin.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by forjaco View Post
    I tried in 2016 to upgrade the Traditional version to EVO and the default value was 16700USD !!! The modules were these: Surfcam Ultimate Milling /
    Surfcam Essentials Turning / Surfcam Solid Machinist Max.
    What I proposed was, the version would be offered and would pay the annual maintenance of the new version. After some negotiation it could for ~ 2500 USD. At the time I rejected it and continued with the Traditional version. These negotiations were with Surfware, because in my country there was only reseller until the end of 2014.

Letter from a US reseller

http://support.camcadtech.com/public...erBulletin.pdf
    That letter looks really familiar. Hexagon told us that the comparable modules and software were a free upgrade but this is what we got. Attachment 428966Attachment 428968

Same story... And the values ($$$) for me were the same.

the sad thing is that anyone that used surfcam software back in the 90s through about 2007 this really was a reliable and one of the most powerful programming tools available. since it was taken over/ sold the new managers / owners simply do not put any investment other than to collect there maintenance money. so what really needs to happen is for hexagon to sell it to someone that can bring it back to life or to fire the current management team. if you are reading this can you believe that most of hexagon products do not have embedded solid modeling? wtf, the basic code has not been updated since 2007, little things maybe but like i said sell it to someone who cares or replace management.

The main problem is that whoever is managing Surfcam got knuttered by the paycheck and have no power to change anything sorta like politicians.. lie today deny tomorrow.