585,974 active members*
4,359 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > Fanuc > Help With a Different Application for a Fanuc 21T

Help With a Different Application for a Fanuc 21T

Hi All,

I'm using a Fanuc 21T on a custom wire bending machine. The current configuration is using the C axis to feed the wire and the X axis to manipulate the bending mandrel.

The program uses a G90 to set the initial position Of the X axis then switches to G91 to position the mandrel and feed the wire incrementally off of a large spool (production quantities range from 60 - 3000 pieces).

The C axis position reads out in degrees ( 0-360 ) And the amount of wire fed is usually less than 360 degrees worth. Being in incremental mode, the start stop position is irrelevant as the counter can run past 360 and just start from where it stops.

I have an application and want to run in absolute all the time. Is there a way to reset the C axis counter to zero after each cycle? If not, any suggestions on alternative solutions will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Azden,

You just need to look up the parameter number for for the C axis in the coordinate system you are using. Write a line in your code that says;
    #(whatever the number is)=0. and your C axis will be set to zero in your coordinate system.

Jon K

For the 18T it looks like the parameter number is #5223

Sump Cleaner,

Thanks I'll look into that. I just came across a polar interpolation program that may work also. Know any tips or tricks?

Thanks again.