585,760 active members*
3,849 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CW-3000 Chiller beeping

I have been using my CO2 laser machine for about 4 years, almost problem free. the chiller has never alarmed until last week. i thought it was hot, but after digging into it, it was alarming at 20 C. I read some posts, and watched a few videos to trouble shoot. What i know so far is there is plenty of water in it, the pump is circulating water, and it still alarms with the cover off. upon start up it will do its beep like it always does, then it's quiet for about 20 seconds, then it will alarm constant.
    If anyone has info on what's going on, or has had the same problem i would appreciate it. Thank you!

Re: CW-3000 Chiller beeping

Is it alarming because of low or no water flow or because it not cooling, which means the compressor is not running. This is the refrigerated model…. correct? Turn off, grab a 5 gal clean bucket and pull a hose off the back of the laser, the OUT one if they are marked. Water should run out the machine connection, and when you turn the pump back on it should pump water out of the machine, if not thats your problem.put that hose back on and try to see if the IN hose is pumping. I have had algae plug up the laser tube hoses and cut off the water flow.
    Retired Master Electrician, HVAC/R Commercial. FLA Saturn 2 4x4 CNC Router Mach4 Kimber 1911 45ACP

There is no compressor in a CW3000

Manual says water blocked or water shortage or faulty pump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Tsassen View Post
    I have been using my CO2 laser machine for about 4 years, almost problem free. the chiller has never alarmed until last week. i thought it was hot, but after digging into it, it was alarming at 20 C. I read some posts, and watched a few videos to trouble shoot. What i know so far is there is plenty of water in it, the pump is circulating water, and it still alarms with the cover off. upon start up it will do its beep like it always does, then it's quiet for about 20 seconds, then it will alarm constant.
    If anyone has info on what's going on, or has had the same problem i would appreciate it. Thank you!
    Hello,
    have you try to replace a water chiller?as the chiller cost very low.
    James

We run a pond algae killer in our chiller as well we use water that has gone through a reverse osmosis process so it has pulled out all the minerals out of the water. haven't had a algae build up since and that was 3 years ago.

Perhaps a sensor went bad....