585,978 active members*
4,670 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Machine Controllers Software and Solutions > DNC Problems and Solutions > Help, Artisan IFB Card 37 Pin to LP 25 Pin Adapter

Help, Artisan IFB Card 37 Pin to LP 25 Pin Adapter

I am looking to see if anyone has made an adapter cable for sale, that takes the 37 pinout from an IFB Card (Artisan software interface card) to a standard 25 pinout. I need this interface cable so that I can use a Griffin Controller directly to an LPT port on a PC, thus for use with Mach3 software.

Artisan software typically uses the IFB card interface plugged on a spare port of the PC mother board. I am trying to do without it, and go directly from controller to the PC using the more modern Mach3 control software. The thing is that the Griffin controller is wired for a 37 pin connector to match the IFB card, it has separate aux and Limit SW Sub-D connectors that branch from the 37Pin connector, so I just need the interface 37 to 25 pin cable since all the pinoputs stem from the 37pin connector.

I can make one but it would save me the hassle if someone already has one for sale at a reasonable price.

Thanks IA

Ok, I looked at options and found some breakout boards, might be an option or simply install a 25 Pin male connector on the existing control box and rewire the 4 IMS Drives directly to the 25 connector? I don't think I need optoisolation because I think the IMS drives in the Grifin Control box, already have it inside them. But I have yet to verify this with IMS specs..looking some more... Any suggestions comments, options would be appreciated?

no comments or suggestion? so far...

PR ,I cannot acces that group until I sing in and they approve me. So would it be posible for you to copy and paste that info here in this thread? Thanks