584,812 active members*
5,286 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > STL files are not visible

STL files are not visible

I'm using ver27. I have a 3d drawing I have saved as a dfx file. I also saved the same 3d drawing as a stl file
    When I load bobcad and open the dfx version of the 3d file it opens as it should.
    When I open the stl version of the 3d drawing in bobcad its invisible,can't see it. I think its there because its blocking a portion of the x and y mm hash marks where the drawing should be located. Any one know why this is? Top

Re: STL files are not visible

It is possibly there but it may be the same colour as the background and will be in Top view, try selecting an ISO view and also try using the "Select All" facility, if nothing shows then there is no file present.

If it is there it should show up, have a look at the bottom left of your screen and if the file is there then you should see a Tab named BobCAD1 and also a Tab with the name of your STL file. Not sure why you would want a .STL file as you are not able to work on such files in BobCAD.

Re: STL files are not visible

Quote Originally Posted by The Engine Guy View Post
    It is possibly there but it may be the same colour as the background and will be in Top view, try selecting an ISO view and also try using the "Select All" facility, if nothing shows then there is no file present.

If it is there it should show up, have a look at the bottom left of your screen and if the file is there then you should see a Tab named BobCAD1 and also a Tab with the name of your STL file. Not sure why you would want a .STL file as you are not able to work on such files in BobCAD.
    Engine Guy

I selected ALL as you suggested and the drawing showed up. The reazon for wanting the stl file to show up was curiosity as why I could see it. I use the stl file for a 3dprinter.
    Thank you very much for helping me out on this
    Gary