584,850 active members*
4,428 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > WoodWorking Machines > DIY CNC Router Table Machines > Avid CNC > How to set up a 2.2KW Huanyang Spindle to a Cnc Router Parts Controller (using MACH 3

Question How to set up a 2.2KW Huanyang Spindle to a Cnc Router Parts Controller (using MACH 3

I have a CNC Router Parts 4x6 machine (MACH 3) and have my own Huanyang 2.2 110V spindle.
    I'm wired up

CNC R P

Pin 7 (spindle on)
    Pin 8 (Spindle GRD)
    Pin 9 Vout (0-10 V)
    Pin 10 GRD

Spindle connection
    "FOR" (Forward)
    "DCM"
    "V1"
    "GRD"

What I would like to know, Do I need any "Plug Ins" to get the spindle to "Spin" (the spindle needs manual power on) I believe that MACH 3 can turn on the spindle & control the speed, right?? I have PD001 set to "1" and all other "PD's" to factory. What am I missing???
    Last edited by Tonyscnc; 10-07-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Re: How to set up a 2.2KW Huanyang Spindle to a Cnc Router Parts Controller (using MA

Any luck on this thread? Looking to go this route for a spindle I'm sure I will have questions

Re: How to set up a 2.2KW Huanyang Spindle to a Cnc Router Parts Controller (using MA

Quote Originally Posted by corpsehauler View Post
    Any luck on this thread? Looking to go this route for a spindle I'm sure I will have questions
    Not with a 2.2Kw 110v I hope
    Mactec54

Quote Originally Posted by mactec54 View Post
    Not with a 2.2Kw 110v I hope
    No Sir. I am shopping now for spindles. Trying to go with an er11 or 16 collet system. Also hoping to lower sound level. Unfortunately I cant run 220V so I am kind of limited on what I move forward with. Any suggestions on budget friendly tinker pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by corpsehauler View Post
    No Sir. I am shopping now for spindles. Trying to go with an er11 or 16 collet system. Also hoping to lower sound level. Unfortunately I cant run 220V so I am kind of limited on what I move forward with. Any suggestions on budget friendly tinker pockets.
    1.5Kw is about it for 120v and then they are not great, so if you can run a 240v 30A line you would be good up to 3Kw

800w run well on 120v supply
    Mactec54

It would seem that 110 V is a weak solution for machine running...…...if I really had to have a 220 V supply and didn't have access to a line I'd go a simple DIY route and create a 12 volt battery bank with an inverter to get 220 V...……...simple, if you have no other options and wouldn't cost a bomb,..... when the Devil drives etc.
    Ian.